• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean is this a completely prank pitch or something?

I've not watched any of this match so far (about to stick it on), but it seems to me that in this series and the last time England toured every surface was a complete road.
It is but even then, Pakistan have been very, very nondescript.

Spark

Global Moderator
He should have a little drink after the match with Rizwan, they can console each other.
That Rizwan dismissal was actually a really important moment in the match. Pakistan could still have cruised well beyond 550 in the end analysis had he gotten set and put on a big score but instead he decided to - wait for it - hit the ball at catchable height through the ring with 5 minutes to go until lunch. Really awful stuff from a senior player.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean is this a completely prank pitch or something?

I've not watched any of this match so far (about to stick it on), but it seems to me that in this series and the last time England toured every surface was a complete road.
Pitch is flat as it gets, but also some dreadful bowling. Half this root brook partnership has been the spinners bowling half a foot down leg and and getting milked for singles with a legside field, or root having a cover drive nets session while afridi bowls half volleys. Been terrible viewing.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
England might target hitting another 200 by tea and then declare giving four sessions to bowl Pak out without worrying about the score.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pitch is flat as it gets, but also some dreadful bowling. Half this root brook partnership has been the spinners bowling half a foot down leg and and getting milked for singles with a legside field, or root having a cover drive nets session while afridi bowls half volleys. Been terrible viewing.
What are you talking about, it’s been great viewing

mackembhoy

International Regular
328 was the highest innings score at Multan last time. So mental the difference in pitch prepared here.

1st Eng 281 51.4 overs
2nd Pak 202 62.5 overs
3rd Eng 275 64.5 overs
4th Pak 328 102.1 overs

Boy_Blunder

State 12th Man
Have only half followed this test so far and was extremely surprised when I put the cricket on the radio on the way in to work this morning.

Anyone got any thoughts on what total England will want to declare on?

mackembhoy

International Regular
Have only half followed this test so far and was extremely surprised when I put the cricket on the radio on the way in to work this morning.

I'd like to think we will try and get a 250 lead by tea than declare.

Silver Silva

International Regular

My thinking is another 150 runs from now , so maybe just before tea

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We need to ban Pakistan from hosting Test cricket until we figure out what the hell's going on.

King Kane

International Debutant
The pitch is a road but Pakistan's bowling attack has left a lot to be desired, only Naseem has troubled England's batsmen, he should have got Root out.

Their spinners have been awful, what they would give for an Abdul Qadir right now or even a Mushtaq Ahmed, two all time great Pakistani leg spinners.