• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
To be fair Duckett was done on defence rather than shot selection so it's not a case of chucking it away cheaply, but it's a recurring problem with this team. This isn't a pitch for 70s and 80s. Root needs to make 150+ with the others batting around him.

Silver Silva

International Regular
To be fair Duckett was done on defence rather than shot selection so it's not a case of chucking it away cheaply, but it's a recurring problem with this team. This isn't a pitch for 70s and 80s. Root needs to make 150+ with the others batting around him.
Yeah it was a good ball , and Jamal has bowled with great character and determination.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
It's not exactly a new theme for this team for sure. I'm agreed that it was more done by a good ball, but it is of course an issue where you lack players who can make 100s often enough. England's best hope is getting close to the Pakistan score and them panicking. The last test I can remember that we did similar was the first test in the UAE v Pak in 2016.

mackembhoy

International Regular
251-3. We should get 500 here as well, Even if i have massive misgivings for our lower order
Carse hit 104* off 161 balls at Ciderabad. I've got all the faith in him.

Woakes showed a bit of the old him with the bat this summer. Gus fresh off an amazing Lords century. Not that bad of a lower order.

Well Harry already looking like he's going to have a fun time on this anyway.

kevinw

International 12th Man
He's had a lean patch so this is the kind of ground Brook needs to rediscover some form. No real demons and no new ball for 30 overs.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Carse hit 104* off 161 balls at Ciderabad. I've got all the faith in him.

Woakes showed a bit of the old him with the bat this summer.

Well Harry already looking like he's going to have a fun time on this anyway.
Don't forget Atkinson's ton.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For all the criticism of Duckett not going on for once I'd say he is blameless, he got probably the best ball of the match and after not opening yesterday it's a bonus he hasn't done serious damage to his thumb.

Brook hopefully doesn't get carried away and gives it away. This pitch screams 500 minimum, we have to get it

kevinw

International 12th Man
For all the criticism of Duckett not going on for once I'd say he is blameless, he got probably the best ball of the match and after not opening yesterday it's a bonus he hasn't done serious damage to his thumb.

Brook hopefully doesn't get carried away and gives it away. This pitch screams 500 minimum, we have to get it
This is such a gimme pitch that you'll usually get yourself out, so we should be aiming for parity. Then the pressure is on Pakistan as it's more likely you'll lose a game in the third innings rather than the fourth.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If England get anywhere near parity i reckon they'll miss stokes in the 3rd innings. At the peak of bazball mock 1 he was brilliant at strangling sides out for low totals in that period of the game on pretty flat decks.

mackembhoy

International Regular
I'm glad Root didn't jump too high.

I reckon that would have been claimed as a run out.

Now I'm all for the Bairstow one being fair. But that genuinely would have been a joke.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
I'm glad Root didn't jump too high.

I reckon that would have been claimed as a run out.

Now I'm all for the Bairstow one being fair. But that genuinely would have been a joke.
Agree. Cramp a slight concern. Hope it doesn't make him change gears.