• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I appreciate Pope for backing Leach, but I think Bashir might be more likely to draw a mishit with his bounce.

Should consider getting Carse on against Salman too, he's a poor player of pace (or certainly was in Australia).

Flametree

International 12th Man
Well that turned and bounced, where did that come from? Sympathy for the batsman who can't have been expecting that....

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Good ball that from Bashir, the first signs of help in the pitch.

Shakeel may wish he'd gone a bit faster as there was a ton there for him a long time before he got that ball.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Commentator asking if they should declare. It's a road and will probably be a road throughout tomorrow too. They should keep England in the field for longer.

Reactions: FBU

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Commentator asking if they should declare. It's a road and will probably be a road throughout tomorrow too. They should keep England in the field for longer.
Declaration talk in this sort of situation is so silly I can only assume the commentator is dumb, being contrarian, or being deliberately annoying.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Declaration talk in this sort of situation is so silly I can only assume the commentator is dumb, being contrarian, or being deliberately annoying.
I think deliberately controversial in a trendy manner. He's still moaning about Shakeel's tempo now. Ideally Pakistan give their bowlers as much time as possible but Englishmen aren't used to this sort of heat so there's also a lot to be said about keeping them in the field for longer. England also won't play for a draw. Get 550+ and England have the potential to match that but they can also go too rash and leave runs out there.