• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
That's just a nothing session of cricket really. Less than 70 runs on an absolute flatbed is just wasting the pitch when it's at its best. I guess we'll see when England come to bat whether the old school tactic of draining them in the field has worked.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England a decent chance of restricting Pakistan to 450 or less here. I think Leach has bowled quite well, he often hasn't looked threatening off the pitch but he's kept the batsmen under control.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Less than 70 runs , 2 spinners in action and England still can't bowl 30 overs in a session
26 overs is quite good going for them!! I guess on surfaces like that you need to put in more thought about how you can take wickets, there were some crazy fields by the end of the session. Be amazed if they don't get docked a couple of points in this Test, not that they care.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Seems as though they are now targeting Leach. To be fair he had bowled pretty well up until recently, but if he's taken down it is probably harder for the other bowlers to keep Pakistan in check.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, but if they actually wanted to get more in they'd have to cut out their committee meetings between (and sometimes during) overs. We can't have that, because as we know people want to see quality cricket and not just teams getting the overs in.
Would you rather watch them speed through a few overs of spin with fielders all in run saving positions just to get the rate up? That would be pretty tedious.

Starfighter

Geez that's a bit unlucky, Woakes did well but caught it a faction of a second too soon. Would have been just desserts for dumb batting.

Starfighter

I'm only following via radio so haven't seen it but I can tell you with 900% confidence that that was the wrong decision.
Nah, I thought it was the right one. But I'd still be filthy if my team was on the wrong end. It was about as close as it could have been.

Pothas

Should just give that out on this wicket anyway. Let them stand over the rope anyway I reckon.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a tough call as the shadow of his foot made it look like he was in contact with the ground when he may not have been. And yes, on this pitch, just give it out and get on with the game FFS.