• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
You mean that whinging about the toss over and over and over again is more interesting than...anything?
Put me on ignore you dumbass
I wouldn't normally talk about the toss as much if it wasn't for Pakistan's blatant strategy that literally relied on winning it. It was a huge bet and it paid off. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team try that before, but desperate times.....

I think there was a pretty good toss to win in Bangalore too, but weirdly, India opted to bat!!

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't normally talk about the toss as much if it wasn't for Pakistan's blatant strategy that literally relied on winning it. It was a huge bet and it paid off. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team try that before, but desperate times.....

I think there was a pretty good toss to win in Bangalore too, but weirdly, India opted to bat!!
Here you go talking about it again though, and always with some stupid excuse. Sorry but I just don't get it.

Try giving the opposition some credit for once ffs

Silver Silva

International Regular
Positive for Pakistan is that they basically won the test with two bowlers , so they can improve their team so much more for that third test if it plays similar in Pindi

the big bambino

International Captain
As far as the toss is concerned Pakistan simply read the conditions better than England. That fact is established by the team selections. We all thought Pakistan went in a seamer light. Turns out they hardly needed him at all.

Let’s say England won the toss. I think Noman and Sajid would’ve been about as effective in the 1st innings of a match as they were in the second. Plus they would’ve got more out of their fast bowler. They would’ve been devastating in the 3rd innings of the game and won it there.

Bashir and Leach would barely out perform their first turn at the crease and I don’t think they’d have the bulwark of runs needed to restrict Pakistan batting last. Besides their efforts in the 3rd innings of the game doesn’t give you confidence they would’ve been much better if they bowled last instead.

The stars of the game were Sajid and Noman. The contrast with Bashir and Leach is obvious. If England batted first it may have lessened the gulf in performance between the two sets of spinners but wouldn’t have bridged it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As far as the toss is concerned Pakistan simply read the conditions better than England. That fact is established by the team selections. We all thought Pakistan went in a seamer light. Turns out they hardly needed him at all.

Let’s say England won the toss. I think Noman and Sajid would’ve been about as effective in the 1st innings of a match as they were in the second. Plus they would’ve got more out of their fast bowler. They would’ve been devastating in the 3rd innings of the game and won it there.

Bashir and Leach would barely out perform their first turn at the crease and I don’t think they’d have the bulwark of runs needed to restrict Pakistan batting last. Besides their efforts in the 3rd innings of the game doesn’t give you confidence they would’ve been much better if they bowled last instead.

The stars of the game were Sajid and Noman. The contrast with Bashir and Leach is obvious. If England batted first it may have lessened the gulf in performance between the two sets of spinners but wouldn’t have bridged it.
Tend to think we’d have batted a bit better batting first, but it’s all speculative isn’t it. Doesn’t really matter. Theres enough things England can point to that should have been executed better regardless of the toss, but nonetheless Pakistan’s spinners definitely did outperform ours.

the big bambino

International Captain
Tend to think we’d have batted a bit better batting first, but it’s all speculative isn’t it. Doesn’t really matter. Theres enough things England can point to that should have been executed better regardless of the toss, but nonetheless Pakistan’s spinners definitely did outperform ours.
It is all speculative. Teams have stuffed up after winning the toss - as India recently did.

Getting past all that, I've enjoyed these two Pak - Eng tests. They've been full of interest, fun to follow and the players have overcome the conditions. Any series that produces the batting of Brook and Root and the bowling of Sajid and Noman is worth it. The reverse in fortunes from one test to the next has made a bloody good series narrative too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It is all speculative. Teams have stuffed up after winning the toss - as India recently did.

Getting past all that, I've enjoyed these two Pak - Eng tests. They've been full of interest, fun to follow and the players have overcome the conditions. Any series that produces the batting of Brook and Root and the bowling of Sajid and Noman is worth it. The reverse in fortunes from one test to the next has made a bloody good series narrative too.
Yep. Should make for a good finale next week

FBU

International Debutant
My team for Rawalpindi

1 Duckett
2 Crawley
3 Stokes
4 Root
5 Brook
6 Smith
7 Carse
8 Ahmed
9 Potts
10 Leach
11 Bashir

Need to win the toss and bat. Ahmed got 7 wickets at 19.57 in Karachi. I imagine the pitch in Rawalpindi will be like last time when we made 657 batting first.