• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

jcas0167

International Debutant
See Spark has dumped highlights packages from the 2020/21 and winter 2021 seasons. Shame I was looking forward to strolling through the memories of that brief glorious period when NZ could rest half of their best players and still thump England without breaking a sweat.
Footage of that road to the WTC would be gold (in the old days would buy it on DVD). Hopefully it's preserved somehow.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn’t going to stick the boot into the Kiwi debutants but seeing as their supporters are doing so I might as well join in

I don’t know how anyone could look at their actions and think “that guy can play test cricket”

Tait wasn’t textbook but he bowled rockets

Lance Cairns wasn’t textbook and he bowled military medium but he swung it around corners

The chairman of selectors was even slower but still useful because he was really accurate & nibbled it around

International batsmen will be lining up to face these 2

Nicky

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Do you think England are sticking with Crawley because they know Bairstow will come back and take his place ? (meaning it's not worth trying someone new who would anyway be replaced by Bairstow ?)

Pothas

Yeah, Root hasn't contributed really since the Bazball thing... It seems to have worked beautifully for the young players. I hope he manages to find his groove again...
He was great at the start of it. The novel thing is Root being able to have a bad run and it not destroy the entire teams batting.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Anderson is being given way too much respect especially these last few years ..that he no longer plays white ball cricket adds to the fear factor he has over the opposition, Really does need to be a change in approach from opposing teams to playing him ..can't be letting a bloke go for 10 runs in 10 overs

social

I think that Root is either bored or simply frustrated with Bazball

That shot was disgraceful and totally out of character for one of England’s greatest ever players

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I think that Root is either bored or simply frustrated with Bazball

That shot was disgraceful and totally out of character for one of England’s greatest ever players
A reverse ramp scoop is some way to show your frustration to ultra attacking batting !

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
A typical days cricket for England.

Some blistering batting, some shocking dismissals, a declaration before 60 overs, and yet we end the day on top - welcome to world of English test cricket.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
This is what I don't like with day/night games.

The conditions can really change under lights, particularly with the new ball and that could be the defining spell of the match.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
What a start. Get 300 and declaring is a masterstoke. New Zealand batsman are like rabbits in the headlights and already 2 down haha

Enjoy it, The new world order is in another phrase. We are still improving as well
The more I read your posts, the more I think you are Shri on steroids.

Keep going man.

World would be boring without people like you.