• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I don't think Stead should give any interviews, he's best to be in the background and say nothing. Consistently he keeps saying we are punching above our ability but then we haven't won a home series 3 times in a row. He's setting a ceiling we can only be this good which is not true. Last series win was in 2021 but then he is gloating. If he said nothing people will enjoy yesterday's win and won't notice a thing about our not so good returns from cricket in all formats recently. Now he has opened his mouth again the memories of losses come to mind.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So is it the 11 which played plus Tickner and Kuggleijn?!!

They'll drop Young because he didn't score runs and pick Kuggleijn as 4th seamer to bat 8.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Nicholls at 4, Bracewell at 7, SK (!!!!) 8, and Wags now undroppable

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So is it the 11 which played plus Tickner and Kuggleijn?!!

They'll drop Young because he didn't score runs and pick Kuggleijn as 4th seamer to bat 8.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Nicholls at 4, Bracewell at 7, SK (!!!!) 8, and Wags now undroppable
This is exactly my concern. What level of bull****tery is it that continues to select these players. It must be so demotivating to those developing players who won't get a look in regardless of how well they play.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
How much longer are we stuck with Stead?
And the new coach starts with home tests vs Aus & SA!!

We have a 2 test tour of Bangladesh prior to the CWC which is our start to the 2023-25 WTC cycle. I really hope NZC gets a new coach quickly so that coach can coach the test squad he (I assume) wants to take to Bangladesh, and can get to know the players before the Aussies and Saffas arrive.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If you where ever going to blood young blood a series vs sri lanka at home with no real ramifications for losing is about as good a chance as your going to get. Just absurd that their keeping a rapist in the squad.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And the new coach starts with home tests vs Aus & SA!!

We have a 2 test tour of Bangladesh prior to the CWC which is our start to the 2023-25 WTC cycle. I really hope NZC gets a new coach quickly so that coach can coach the test squad he (I assume) wants to take to Bangladesh, and can get to know the players before the Aussies and Saffas arrive.
Lol, unless NZ bomb out big time in the WC, Stead’s getting his contract renewed.

“WTC winners, WT20 finalists, what an achievement for a bunch of hard working battlers who punch above their weight. Yes I think I speak for all of us when I say “4 more years!” Mr Stead!” - David White

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Told you lot Wagner will play at least couple more years before he will think of retirement and obviously no changes coming any time soon.

Stead will not last for the next series anyways so it doesn't matter. Although Larsen will last another 10 years :cool:

Black Caps coach Gary Stead said the victory – just the fourth time in test history that a team has won after being forced to follow-on – was testament to the spirit and character of the side.

“We've been through some challenging times recently, but that shows to me that what we're doing puts you definitely on the right track.

“I think when you look back over the last 10 years or so, we've been a team that's punched above our weight and I think yesterday was a great example of that as well.

“There's no guarantee, because we lose that by one wicket then people might have been saying different things, but that's the game of cricket we play. We know it's fine and fickle margins at times and it was that yesterday.”

That means New Zealand will keep the same squad of 13 they had at the Basin Reserve for the tests versus Sri Lanka in Christchurch and Wellington.

“There's always people knocking on the door, and you always have those conversations, but we felt the 13 that we had here is the right 13 to go forward,” Stead said.

”Then we have a break for about seven or eight months before we play another test match after that.”
I had to read the article to see if he really trotted out the punching about our weight meme. absolutely unreal. We were ranked number 1 and won the WTC. That's the culmination of hard work and team building. But you didn't build the team Stead you absolute drip so you'd have no ****ing idea.

Seriously can we get someone from the 21st century coaching the side. We've moved on from the plucky underdog bull****.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, unless NZ bomb out big time in the WC, Stead’s getting his contract renewed.

“WTC winners, WT20 finalists, what an achievement for a bunch of hard working battlers who punch above their weight. Yes I think I speak for all of us when I say “4 more years!” Mr Stead!” - David White
Our home test series for the next WTC are Aus (2), SA (2), and England (3). We are going to get destroyed, might hopefully beat the Saffas (although I see Markram opened and got a century v WI). Away - Bang (2), SL (2), and India (3) - perhaps giving experience to batters who are part time spinners might be a plan.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Our home test series for the next WTC are Aus (2), SA (2), and England (3). We are going to get destroyed, might hopefully beat the Saffas (although I see Markram opened and got a century v WI). Away - Bang (2), SL (2), and India (3) - perhaps giving experience to batters who are part time spinners might be a plan.
Wow that's a tough one. SC away and SENA at home. Similar to what Pakistan got this cycle.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Ian Foster vibes.

I, for one, welcome our idiot overlords.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Disgustingly wholesome

It'd actually really good to see - these two teams obviously get on well off the pitch but on the pitch it's played hard but fair.

This used to go alot in the past but isn't the norm any longer. Hopefully with so much franchise cricket around the world, players will mix more than in the recent past.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'd actually really good to see - these two teams obviously get on well off the pitch but on the pitch it's played hard but fair.

This used to go alot in the past but isn't the norm any longer. Hopefully with so much franchise cricket around the world, players will mix more than in the recent past.
Was former England batsman Paul Collingwood at the post-match gathering or was he otherwise engaged that evening?