• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Brook's side

International Regular
Ugh. That’ll be used to justify Southee batting ahead of Henry et. al. for the rest of his test career. It’ll also justify his thick as mince inability to judge the situation for his batting.
Jeez. That's the thanks you get for a brilliant knock like that from NZ fans????!!!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeez. That's the thanks you get for a brilliant knock like that from NZ fans????!!!
If one considers the context of Southee’s batting career and unfulfilled prospects, yes. This will be used to paper over the cracks of an incredibly conservative and reactive management group.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Why do we have a habit of geeing up England

Demolish then at 2015 world cup, they change their entire setup and somehow beat us but not beat us in 2019

Demolish them in England with our B team, treating it as a warm-up for the WTC final, then they do this

Do it to Australia ffs

Flem274*

123/5
So who is gonna Laxman this innings for us
I'm torn between wanting someone to stand up and wanting us to get crushed so hard the casuals notice and White's hand is forced.

Fire Gary Stead, Gavin Larsen and Shane Jurgenson. Absolute coasters on the success of some of our best ever players. Now that those players need help, it's clear these guys don't have what it takes.

I can't believe I used to think John Bracewell was a terrible coach as a teenager. He had his flaws but he wouldn't sit around with his thumb up his arse right now.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Let's hope we'll go well in the second dig. The lead is not massive. Good opportunity to turn things around. Stanger things have happened in cricket. There's lot of time left in the Test match still. If we bat well we can still set it up.

Flem274*

123/5
Why do we have a habit of geeing up England

Demolish then at 2015 world cup, they change their entire setup and somehow beat us but not beat us in 2019

Demolish them in England with our B team, treating it as a warm-up for the WTC final, then they do this

Do it to Australia ffs
NZ coach, NZ blood as skipper, NZ bowling coach...it's just the British Museum tactics but in cricket tbh.

It's unfortunate they've temporarily raided the superior sporting hemisphere but they will be undone within a couple of years and this too, shall pass.