• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Ultra Instinct

School Boy/Girl Captain
The idea that he's not good enough to be in the team at all is bat**** insane. Nicholls is in the team ffs.
Nicholls has been **** and shouldn't be in the team. Kane has been **** across formats bar the odd performance here or there against average competition.

His batting has clearly declined and he just isn't consistent enough to have at 3. Either try him at 4 to see if he's still got something to offer or it might be time to looking for a new top order batsmen.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Nicholls has been **** and shouldn't be in the team. Kane has been **** across formats bar the odd performance here or there against average competition.

His batting has clearly declined and he just isn't consistent enough to have at 3. Either try him at 4 to see if he's still got something to offer or it might be time to looking for a new top order batsmen.
if you’re sacking Williamson then everyone except Conway and Blundell must also go. either wipe everything off and have hard reset or else evolve slowly

Athlai

Not Terrible

For the English and others who might not be super familiar with Kane's record. He's averaged 60 since 2020. He scored 200* 4 Tests ago.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Southee averaging 47 as captain and not a great start tactically, with reviews, bowling choices (see Wagner at MM) and team selections.

Ultra Instinct

School Boy/Girl Captain
if you’re sacking Williamson then everyone except Conway and Blundell must also go. either wipe everything off and have hard reset or else evolve slowly
How many batsmen have come back from tennis elbow injuries? Sachin is the only one I can really think of being great after it, Smith has returned but is no longer the same run scoring machine he was before.

Socerer 01

International Captain
yeah amidst all the talk of Williamson looking lost, Macewell and co being here on daddy’s merit, Wagner becoming bad and Stead being a **** Southee’s own form is going under the radar

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Southee isn't even bowling poorly
I think NZT made a good point about his old ball support. Southee's not effective with the old ball even when he's bowling well so if he has to keep coming back for more spells his figures just get progressively worse. When he had better support a higher percentage of his bowling was done with the new ball.

Socerer 01

International Captain
How many batsmen have come back from tennis elbow injuries? Sachin is the only one I can really think of being great after it, Smith has returned but is no longer the same run scoring machine he was before.
in this case you have to think who replaces him in this team?

you already have Nicholls as a passenger. Young is only now playing again nd is no guarantee. Latham still is crap against good pace and in multiple countries. England series looks more and more like a flash in the pan for Mitchell

with all of these issues and at least 2 players already needing replacing in the team who will come in and replace Williamson? its the same argument that people put for Sachin playing on for too long, while at the very end he did he was still doing decent before that, not as good as peak Sachin but still better than what a replacement would have done

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I don't think I've ever heard commentators get names wrong so many times as with this test. Especially with Will Young, who has been called Neil Young and Will Robinson so far today. "Foakes joining Stokes at the crease type" of mix ups have been plentiful as well

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think NZT made a good point about his old ball support. Southee's not effective with the old ball even when he's bowling well so if he has to keep back for more spells his figures just get progressively worse. When he had better support a higher percentage of his bowling was done with the new ball.
Yeah I agree with this. His new ball spells are still great and his older ball sessions are fine but without support he is not going to be as effective.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Williamson isn't done by any means. He's as good he's always been. Problem is he's just underwhelming when the ball does a bit. Basically Yousuf if he got to play more at home.