• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Matthew Bell looking decidedly uncomfortable so far, and almost leaves one which crashes into his off.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, that looked pretty out.

EDIT: well, clipping the bails according to HawkEye, maybe fair noof.

EDIT2: Bell finally off the pair, edged boundary over backward-point.

Woodster

International Captain
Have certainly seen them given. Sidebottom traps Bell in front. Hawkeye shows clipping top of the stumps, but actually looked more out than that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, I trust HawkEye - especially where height is concerned - more than a single camera-angle.

I'd like to see the assembled company's reaction should we get a side-on view.

Woodster

International Captain
TBH, I trust HawkEye - especially where height is concerned - more than a single camera-angle.

I'd like to see the assembled company's reaction should we get a side-on view.
Yes sure, but it looked good and we can only judge off the angle we've seen it at.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It certainly did, and Bell couldn't have had many complaints if it'd been given. But it's amazing sometimes, especially from a great high camera angle like they have at Basin Reserve, how different things can look side and front on.

At first I thought "out" and so I guess did most. But I'd not like to call Rudi a shocker based on that, and if Bell ends on 231* and wins the game, I won't be thinking we wuz robbed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
"and Monty Panesar that is not in the same league as Daniel Vettori"

Interesting comment on NZ commentary

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
After Jesse Ryder the 39-year-old-looking 23-year-old, is Matthew Bell the youngest-looking 30-year-old you've ever seen?

This is the first time I've seen him in 8-and-a-half years, and he hasn't really changed much.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"and Monty Panesar that is not in the same league as Daniel Vettor"

Interesting comment on NZ commentary
They both have their strengths, and right now I'd undoubtedly have Vettori ahead of MSP.

In a different league though?

Not a chance.

Who was it said that? (Or was it an unfamiliar voice?)

Woodster

International Captain
Certainly not a shocker from Rudi, no.

Bell does look young, but I've a feeling he's gonna look a lot older after this innings if he continues like this. Completely unsure as to whether to go forward or hang back. He needs something to click in his game and quick.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How caught short-leg off an inside-edge!

Siiiiiiiiiiidddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Lovely inswinger.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fleming gets a standing-ovation in his last innings at Basin Reserve. Here's my contribution:
:clap::clapping::clap::clapping: :clap::clapping::clap::clapping: :clap::clapping:

Hope he gets at least 60 or 70-odd. In fact if he's on 70 when NZ are 6 down, I'll be wanting him to get a century.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ryan Sidebottom - the best left arm seamer in the world?
Probably not the best time for me to answer this question - but right now I can't think of anyone better. In Tests, that is. Not in Bracken's class in ODIs (yet at least).

Certainly not Mitchell Johnson, though I'd go so far as to suggest there's not 1 Aussie on CW who'd swap. :p