• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's got out to ones nipping back four times out of seven in tests so far. Out to the short ball once. The former a far bigger issue IMO.
I haven't seen him since last summer but he played across straight balls as standard then. Will probably need to remodel his technique at some stage.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If our fielding costs us the win I will be sick.
Me too. Boult all over the batsmen and just one of those would have been the match imo.

We still have a nice new ball after lunch but will be hard to not drop heads slightly especially if we don't bowl quite as well with the remainder of the new ball.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Why have we suddenly become such a crap fielding (catching) team?
There just aren't any naturally good slip fielders in the team - no bucket-hands from Guptill, McIntosh, Fleming etc. Williamson's drop even more surprising than Brownlie's as Williamson has been fairly good in the gully for us.

I just cannot ****ing believe it though. :sick:

James

Cricket Web Owner
There just aren't any naturally good slip fielders in the team - no bucket-hands from Guptill, McIntosh, Fleming etc. Williamson's drop even more surprising than Brownlie's as Williamson has been fairly good in the gully for us.

I just cannot ****ing believe it though. :sick:
Yeah that's true, as others have said, it just makes you sick.

Someone give McIntosh a call and get him to come down to the ground if he's any good!

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Sorry but this is tragedy-comedy at its best.

You just know the day will end as a huge deflated mess for the Kiwis.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
There just aren't any naturally good slip fielders in the team - no bucket-hands from Guptill, McIntosh, Fleming etc.
Well, that's a bit unfair on Ross Taylor, and McCullum isn't a mug either. Problem is, those two balls went to third slip and to gully :(

BeeGee

International Captain
Гурин;3042589 said:
Well, that's a bit unfair on Ross Taylor, and McCullum isn't a mug either. Problem is, those two balls went to third slip and to gully :(
Taylor and McCullum are terrible slips fielders.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Гурин;3042589 said:
Taylor seemed a pretty good slip fielder when he first started playing for us but has always had the tendency to take difficult chances and miss straightforward ones. Cost Jeets a few wickets in the subcontinent with his slipping to spin too.

McCullum as a slip fielder is nowhere near what he is anywhere else in the infield. Seems to get hit in the wrists or guts a bit.

I foolishly said Brownlie was close to our best earlier in the thread and obviously jinxed him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, have bet more money than I can reasonably afford on a draw now, almost to the extent that a part of me wants England to get home because I'd rather that than have to explain to my flatmates why a New Zealand win should mean more to them than receiving rent money anytime in the next 3 months.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I hope we see here a repeat of what happened a few times in India/SL - a batsman gets dropped off Boult and a few overs later Southee picks him up.

Gonna be so pissed if we don't have another wicket 10 overs from now.

BeeGee

International Captain
Taylor seemed a pretty good slip fielder when he first started playing for us but has always had the tendency to take difficult chances and miss straightforward ones. Cost Jeets a few wickets in the subcontinent with his slipping to spin too.
Taylor is a pretty poor fielder in general. Not great around the park and, as you say, he drops a lot of easy catches.

James

Cricket Web Owner
This feels like our Steve Waugh/Herschelle Gibbs moment with that over..... "You've just dropped the Test series"

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yep, he does miss the occasional one just like everybody else, however he holds a lot more than he lets fall.

McCullum as a slip fielder is nowhere near what he is anywhere else in the infield. Seems to get hit in the wrists or guts a bit.
That he's better in other field positions around the ring is sure, same as Guptill, but I'm quite confident that BMC would have held those two catches had they come his way.

I foolishly said Brownlie was close to our best earlier in the thread and obviously jinxed him.
He seems a bit slow on his legs, but I haven't seen him as much as the other two, so I can't really say.

BeeGee

International Captain
Ok, have bet more money than I can reasonably afford on a draw now, almost to the extent that a part of me wants England to get home because I'd rather that than have to explain to my flatmates why a New Zealand win should mean more to them than receiving rent money anytime in the next 3 months.
:laugh:

How much will you win if England Draw?