• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
It's a win-win for NZ either way from here. If england go deadbeat then McCullum can go with all-out attacking fields for a day and a half, if they have a go at it then our chance of wickets goes up.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Well England are not going to get 481 but I really don't want them to go out there and block, was horrible watching that yesterday.
If they're not going to try and win the game, then there really is little point trying to score runs at all.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they're not going to try and win the game, then there really is little point trying to score runs at all.

Yeah but I think that they should be trying to win the game even if it is not at all likely. New Zealand have been excellent but England did not come to draw this series, don't really care if they manage to dead bat their way to a draw.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but I think that they should be trying to win the game even if it is not at all likely. New Zealand have been excellent but England did not come to draw this series, don't really care if they manage to dead bat their way to a draw.
Oh they should definitely bat normally for now, as you never know with cricket. But should they lose 3 wickets before tea for instance, then I'd see little use in them trying to get runs at all, as it's all just riskier business than a good old block or leave. Really, I'm surprised more people don't do what de Villiers did in Adelaide when runs are no longer in the equation.

And FMD as I type.

Jezroy

State Captain
So, if McCullum averaged 50 batting at 6 from here on in, that wouldn't be good for the team?
I know it's only one series, but 248 runs at 82.66 in these 3 tests.

The fact his average is higher than his highest score = very consistent.

Good work.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
England's hope lay with these two, their best bats.

I have a terrible inkling Bell may actually do something spectacular, though...

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Cook and Trott can survive for the next 7-8 overs, it can be a long day for New Zealand. Just to throw my .02 into the pool of banality, the game will be won (IF) on the first 10 overs of both the two new balls

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Bumble saying that the New Zealanders would say there best bowler (Bracewell) hasn't played a game all series.

ITSL.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Gee it would need to be spectacular. And he would need someone else to be quite spectacular.
We're not going to win the game from here. Something spectacular would have to be something akin to his Cape Town efforts from 2010, a match Trumper referenced earlier today.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Bumble saying that the New Zealanders would say there best bowler (Bracewell) hasn't played a game all series.

ITSL.
Bumble is deluded - Bracewell started well but has never been a spearhead like on-form-Southee or consistently testing to the level that Boult has.