• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't have sent Southee in - why give England a chance to break his finger with a short ball?

Peter Fulton must be feeling so so good right now. To go from an almost-not-quite-maybe career to suddenly having two test centuries against England. It's a dream, surely.

Would declare very soon. Or now would be fine.
How often does a player seriously injure himself batting though? He's got all the protective gear, and can just swing from the hip, not worry about getting his body on the line.

I'd also declare soonish though. Probably about 150 overs form this point, which means England will have to go at over 3 an over if they're to chase it down. I can't see them going at more than the low 3's max, so there's little need to bat more than another 20 minutes max IMO.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Interested and nervous to see how we bowl with that precious new ball. There'd be a temptation to get over-excited and bowl crap, though that didn't end up being a problem in the Hobart or Colombo victories, so hopefully it won't here. We really are reliant on Southee and Boult to do the damage though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Love some of the descriptions of the England players on the radio this morning; "ratty", "fractious", "chuntering at each other". Thank Jeremy Coney for the uncommon but likeable verbiage of course.

Meridio

International Regular
This is so much fun. It's 10 to 1 in the morning, and I have work tomorrow, but **** going to sleep.

It's been a long, long time since we were flogging a team around like this. Think we should declare in an over or so though now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If we declare after this over we should get 143 overs with the ball. I don't want less than 140. Just declare please.

99*

International Debutant
Bring it in. Don't risk Broad or Anderson getting a few short balls at Southee.

EDIT: Good decision there.

L Trumper

State Regular
Declared then! 481 in 143 overs. England batted 141 overs for a draw in Capetown back in 2009/10. Root probably need to do a Collingwood here.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great, this morning couldn't really have gone any better - top batting by Fulton and McCullum.

Can see England falling over if we get Cook early, though it's quite possible Cook could bat the rest of the day too.

Blain

U19 Captain
Watling out, declare I reckon. 500 would be nice, but to give the guys a bit of extra time to bowl them out is needed, just in case.

Ah, Cricinfo saying they have declared. Good move McCullum, should be an epic day and a half. Cook and Trott need to be there tomorrow morning if they have a chance I reckon.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well England are not going to get 481 but I really don't want them to go out there and block, was horrible watching that yesterday.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
No centuries but Baz has been in great form since SA in all formats.

10, 74, 26, 69*, 74, 79, 74, 69, 38, 67*

Not kicking on the only problem.