• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

vandem

International 12th Man
Last ball was outside the wide line ....

I thought it didn't matter if the batsman moved or not, was still a wide if outside the line.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder if Kane will look back at the innings and worry whether it was too good an effort?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He really tried everything. Staying deep in the crease, walking across, walking down, paddle sweep. Credit to Woakes he was fantastic. Curran not bad either.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
What a pathetic attempt at batting by NZ.Good on Kane but seeing as how inconsistent he is and how he's a hobbled player, he probably wasted his best effort and may go cheaply in the 4th ODI. This was their one hallmark chance to win and they blew it badly.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Great game. Far better than 320 plays 320. It is going to be really tough to win the two SI ODIs - England won't bat that badly again

Flem274*

123/5
Good on Kane but seeing as how inconsistent he is and how he's a hobbled player, he probably wasted his best effort and may go cheaply in the 4th ODI. This was their one hallmark chance to win and they blew it badly.
you're a strange little character please stick around

veganbob

U19 Captain
Damn..
Well played England though, outstanding with the ball.

Poor from our middle order again.
Well played kane for getting us close, would have been a bad thrashing if not.

Real test for this team to win the remaining 2 odis, England are a quality team.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Ah, explains.

Edit, Cricinfo commentary also didn't notice the bottom edge. "Won't get bat on it". You sure it was hit?
I'm like 90% certain he didn't just edge it but actually got solid contact on the ball. I could be mis-remembering but I doubt it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good game. I'm only going on the post-match comments, but was England's low score due to poor batting or bowlers making use of helpful conditions? There's talk of the pitch becoming less uneven as the match progressed, which, if true, I suppose kind of means England deserved their lucky break with the Santner run-out. Talking of Santner, when did he become undismissable? I'm pretty sure that one or two of the locals weren't predicting that when he came to the crease in the first game.

From an English pov, Woakes seems to be maturing into a decent performer in these games. And Curran did well to keep it together after he'd gone for a couple of boundaries at the start of the penultimate over. That could very easily have been the game if he'd lost his composure.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Great game and good knock from Kane but he paced that last 10 really poorly.

We were ****ed the moment we were expecting to Kane score 22 off 12 balls against a decent team.

Last edited: