• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

vandem

International 12th Man
... Is Santner injured?
Don't think so. Kane got carried away by how well de Grandhomme bowled, probably gave Munro a couple too many.

Other explanation is that he didn't want to bowl spin from both ends, and Sodhi was bowling well.

Last edited:

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Nz have a pretty good bowling attack for ODI cricket but a weak batting lineup. Like a polar opposite of England who have weak bowling but good batting. I think the team that bowls first wins every game in this series.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nz have a pretty good bowling attack for ODI cricket but a weak batting lineup. Like a polar opposite of England who have weak bowling but good batting. I think the team that bowls first wins every game in this series.
While I agree the team bowling first has the advantage this series, NZ isn't a side where bowling > batting. It's more like First 35 overs (batting or bowling) > Last 15 overs (batting or bowling). The weakness is in finishing.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While I agree the team bowling first has the advantage this series, NZ isn't a side where bowling > batting. It's more like First 35 overs (batting or bowling) > Last 15 overs (batting or bowling). The weakness is in finishing.
Same with India, actually.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
India's death bowling quite effective against nz last time - gone less well recently? Bumrah better at the Yorker than any of ours.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ugly but effective from Munro so far. Quite nice having someone a bit hacky who will nonetheless resist getting out and then hit boundaries when he gets a chance - I feel like we are usually on the other side of that.

vcs

Yeah, Bumrah is usually pretty reliable at the death. I meant our batting after the first 3 or 4 mainly. They've thrown away a lot of good positions and will rarely rescue us if we are 3 down for 30 or something.

Daemon

Still only 130 to get, just need to stitch a couple of partnerships together and Santner will see them home with his newly discovered finishing talents

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow how much did Nicholls not read the legspinner there? Missed it by a foot.

Sorry to see Chapman trying to be positive, but too high-risk ultimately.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that's **** Colin.

Where's the harm in getting to the 40th? We could score at 3s and still need 80. Heartless crap