• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah just too many loose deliveries, they've barely taken any risks. And we're not even in the powerplay.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
That's quick. Youngster's getting a bit carried away here. No need to bowl 'em half-trackers when the ball is bouncing like a tennis ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's impressed me most about Aaron is his control. I was expecting a raw tareaway who'd spray 'em a bit - basically a less experienced, possibly slightly quicker version of Yadav - but he really seems to have the tools to be a quality ODI bowler. Probably needs to work on moving the ball a bit more to be a particularly good Test prospect but it might be something he just isn't showing here.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wicket does jar you into the realisation of how long there is still to go. Plenty of time to mess this up, and I'll eat my shoes if Kieswetter's there at the end.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's not a track where any side should be chasing 270 with ease. Look at the grip and spite when they pitch it right. Ashwin and Jadeja would be gutted if England play them out like innocuous trundlers. And then, there's that leg spinner blessed with a very good-looking action! :cool:

Batting, skipper. What's Athers' opinion nowadays?
The one thing I really like about Cook is that when he gets a decent score he does it at a good strike rate without any fuss whatsoever. 60 off 61 balls today yet I can barely recall a shot played in anger. Needs to do the same as in Tests and make bigger scores.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
What's impressed me most about Aaron is his control. I was expecting a raw tareaway who'd spray 'em a bit - basically a less experienced, possibly slightly quicker version of Yadav - but he really seems to have the tools to be a quality ODI bowler. Probably needs to work on moving the ball a bit more to be a particularly good Test prospect but it might be something he just isn't showing here.
Yadav is the better bowler in the longer format than Aaron, IMHO. Better ball skills and more of a thinker from what I've seen, while the pace is pretty much the same. In limited over matches, I'm not quite sure.

Edit: Hmmm...Important one there!

Edit 1: Not that close..My bad!

Last edited: