• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Why is India picking rubbish bowlers when they could do so much better? I mean RP Singh and Zaheer in ODIs? The mind boggles, both can take a good smearing. Where is Praveen Kumar, the guy who can swing it, keep the runs down, take wickets and bat a bit?

I'm really liking the look of this Raina fellow, excellent striker and likes the big runs, player for the future.
Yea Mr. Kumar going through a rusty patch. He failed in Lanka ( who didnt) and his Fc wasnt great so i guess they are rewarding the figures.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Why is India picking rubbish bowlers when they could do so much better? I mean RP Singh and Zaheer in ODIs? The mind boggles, both can take a good smearing. Where is Praveen Kumar, the guy who can swing it, keep the runs down, take wickets and bat a bit?

I'm really liking the look of this Raina fellow, excellent striker and likes the big runs, player for the future.
Yeah, i was thinking why praveen kumar is not there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Meh, thats one-day cricket. Different story in the slog-overs. Bowled well overall though Flintoff, according to cricinfo anyway
Bowled brilliantly earlier but hasn't been as good as he usually is at the end.

Shame to see his figures ruined, now most people who didn't watch the game won't realise he was easily better than anyone else early on.

pskov

International 12th Man

Shame to see his figures ruined, now most people who didn't watch the game won't realise he was easily better than anyone else early on.
Just the way it is in modern ODIs. Your best bowlers bowl at the start and end of the innings where the batsmen are playing the most aggressively precisely because they are your best bowlers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India look on with a chance of getting close to 400 here. Still shouldn't quite get that, but 22 off 1 isn't impossible.

33 off Flintoff's last 2 overs. :sleep:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just the way it is in modern ODIs. Your best bowlers bowl at the start and end of the innings where the batsmen are playing the most aggressively precisely because they are your best bowlers.
Modern? That's always been the way.

Your best bowlers should bowl when they can be effective. Today, you'd have to say Flintoff bowling his last 2 earlier would probably have resulted in a slightly lower total.

biased indian

International Coach

i told you if he bowl in the death he wont get the respect :)

Precambrian

Banned
Boy, what an end!! 387 to win for Englishmen. Can't rule that out provided they get a good start + they deal with Bhajji in the middle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
i told you if he bowl in the death he wont get the respect :)
I don't think anyone suggested otherwise. Unfortunately he wasn't up to his usual standards in terms of his death-bowling.

The point was that today it'd probably have been best for England for him to have bowled-out earlier.

Anyway, 387-5. Pretty useful score, you might say.