• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If India's middle-order goes well here there'll be something massive. This outfield isn't going to slow down and batting is unlikely to get much more difficult.

350 is eminently possible, but obviously it always requires things to keep going, which is never a given.

Rohit Sharma, Raina and Yusuf Pathan are obviously the big question. Yuvraj Singh and Dhoni are obviously high-class and you'd hope for something from them.

If Sehwag can play Flintoff "normally" here we'll know he's finally making progress as a ODI player, almost 10 years into his career.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What's wrong with the outfield? Sehwag is making it look like there is no grass.
Nothing particularly wrong with it, but if I saw this sort of outfield with a good bowling-attack I'd be annoyed. It'd mean good bowling might well not be rewarded.

It's good sort of thing to see a terrible attack like this England one (Flintoff aside) punished though, very good.

Precambrian

Banned
Nothing particularly wrong with it, but if I saw this sort of outfield with a good bowling-attack I'd be annoyed. It'd mean good bowling might well not be rewarded.

It's good sort of thing to see a terrible attack like this England one (Flintoff aside) punished though, very good.
Ah crap, good bowling will prosper with or without a good outfield. Sehwag's hardly using the ground, if you notice

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Always wonder how good Gambhir is against spin, has never struck me as particularly outstanding.

Precambrian

Banned
Not getting a live feed. Was it close?

And yea Freddy seems to be as sharp as ever.
Frankly I thought it was out when I first saw it.

Subsequently Hawkeye suggested it just hitting the bails of leg stump. Hardly can be given.

Damn, Gauti bites the dust. No need to go for heroics.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah crap, good bowling will prosper with or without a good outfield. Sehwag's hardly using the ground, if you notice
He's hit loads on the ground. And a fast outfield can potentially damage good-quality bowling's prospects. It certainly makes bad bowling easily punishable though.

Gambhir gifts his wicket, it had to happen eventually I suppose.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag showing remarkable good sense against Flintoff here.

How long will Pietersen keep him on I wonder? 1 more over?

Precambrian

Banned
I think he should get Flintoff's overs bowled as soon as possible. He is never going to prevent Indians from scoring anyway after 40th over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Given how he played Mendis in Sri Lanka compared with some of his compatriots, I'd inclined to say he's not too bad.
He didn't exactly have a good time in the ODIs.

I really do hope Raina's time is now TBH. He was picked far too early but he can clearly play one-day cricket (as well as First-Class cricket, but that's for another time). Ganguly et al were far more deserving of a place in 2005 and 2006, but his time should be about now.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
I think he should get Flintoff's overs bowled as soon as possible. He is never going to prevent Indians from scoring anyway after 40th over.
Nah. Flintoff has a good line he needs to saved. depending on whose still there in the last 10 overs eng could go for 70_90 runs

Precambrian

Banned
Always wonder how good Gambhir is against spin, has never struck me as particularly outstanding.
You obviously didnt see him in Sri Lanka. And the way he dealt with Murali in Aus too. He's the best player of spin in the Indian ranks probably barring Tendulkar.