• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Getting on top of the spinners now. Get the feeling Gautam won't be wearing a cap for very long.

Shame Cook missed that one AGAIN, he's now dropped both the batsmen currently at the wicket in the course of this game.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Much as I don't rate Yuvraj's bowling at all, I hope he smashes MSP and Chris Broad Jr for some huge hits as payback for yesterday's remark.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taking five minutes of play out of the game in order to check whether a ball went for four or not when the batsmen ran three is one of my absolute pet hates.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What happened yesterday mate?
"[When] you've got a pie-chucker like Yuvraj Singh bowling at you I really don't mind...When you've got Zaheer Khan bowling from one end and you get left-arm filth like that it makes you feel really good."

~ Pietersen

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow no gift wicket for Panesar yet, no doubt I'll wake up tomorrow and see he's got a 5-fer from players caught at long-off and long-on.

How one man can turn a series win into a comprehensive series defeat.

pup11

International Coach
"[When] you've got a pie-chucker like Yuvraj Singh bowling at you I really don't mind...When you've got Zaheer Khan bowling from one end and you get left-arm filth like that it makes you feel really good."

~ Pietersen
Haha, he really said that, well but hasn't KP actually been dismissed by Yuvraj a few times on this tour.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow no gift wicket for Panesar yet, no doubt I'll wake up tomorrow and see he's got a 5-fer from players caught at long-off and long-on.

How one man can turn a series win into a comprehensive series defeat.
:laugh: No, it was Harmison who did that by gifting Sehwag the dream start.

biased indian

International Coach

~ Pietersen
just a correction :)

that was not the exact word he said..because yuvraj actually replaced khan.. and it was ishant who was bowling at the other end

Uppercut

and came very close to being dismissed in the one over yuvi bowled at him
That's been horribly overplayed. A shot didn't come out of the middle of the bat for someone very early in his innings and suddenly it was "so close to being a masterstroke from Dhoni!"

biased indian

International Coach
That's been horribly overplayed. A shot didn't come out of the middle of the bat for someone very early in his innings and suddenly it was "so close to being a masterstroke from Dhoni!"
no the first ball he hit on to this leg

second ball tried to charge miss hit went to yuvi

third ball tried to blast went straight to sehwag

fourth ball hit one bounce to laxman again trying to hit four

fifth ball left alone

sixth ball tried to hit for four ...went in the air near laxman any other fielder would have tried to have a go

Not one miss hit i saw that live and kp was irritated was clearly evident form his reactions

Uppercut

no the first ball he hit on to this leg

second ball tried to charge miss hit went to yuvi

third ball tried to blast went straight to sehwag

fourth ball hit one bounce to laxman again trying to hit four

fifth ball left alone

sixth ball tried to hit for four ...went in the air near laxman any other fielder would have tried to have a go
But Zaheer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yuvraj. The ball was new. He'd just picked up a wicket in his first over.

Also, KP isn't someone you actually want to entice to play shots. He's the worst player to sledge since Brian Lara. Bringing him out of his shell is suicidal, he's at his worst when he's playing defensively- see the first test for details. In fact, see the 130~ he scored yesterday for details.

biased indian

International Coach
But Zaheer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yuvraj. The ball was new. He'd just picked up a wicket in his first over.

Also, KP isn't someone you actually want to entice to play shots. He's the worst player to sledge since Brian Lara. Bringing him out of his shell is suicidal, he's at his worst when he's playing defensively- see the first test for details. In fact, see the 130~ he scored yesterday for details.
even with out yuvi coming he would have scored 140...but i would give full marks for dhoni for trying..and atleast for one over he did get it kp's head

Last edited:

Martin1

Cricket Spectator
What if England were set say 350 in 70 overs - 5 an over. Send in Freddy to open with Strauss and hit the new ball about a bit. [Leave Cook to prop up if we get in trouble] . This would show intent and put Dhoni on the back foot for the first time in the series. Pietersen bats number 3. We could find we are something like 200 - 3 after say 45 overs. That would leave us 150 in 25 overs which would be a piece if cake in a 20-20 game. Shouldn't we be starting to play Test cricket like this. Then maybe the crowds would flock back. What will probably happen is that we will be propping and pushing at the spinners all day long and end, at best, being about 170-5 by the end of the day that's if we don't get bowled out. I wonder of Dhoni has got the courage to declare with a 350 run lead or even first thing in the morning and back his bowlers.