• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Damn, why couldn't that have hit the stumps?

At least it means Anderson is guaranteed another duckless innings.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And during the database-errors Prior is caught extra-cover and finally the declaration comes.

Not sure how many overs we're going to lose tonight due to the poor rate but I guess we'll have just under 120 overs or so to knock these wickets over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"How to bowl absolutely perfectly to Virender Sehwag's strengths, by Stephen Harmison and James Anderson"

(And, possibly, "how to demonstrate for the umpteenth time that I'm a poor Umpire, by Daryl Harper")

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A 3rd man wouldnt have been a bad idea. Would have stopped the thick edges and glides off balls that were not bad going for 4.

Martin1

Cricket Spectator
"How to bowl absolutely perfectly to Virender Sehwag's strengths, by Stephen Harmison and James Anderson"

(And, possibly, "how to demonstrate for the umpteenth time that I'm a poor Umpire, by Daryl Harper")
Incrdible isn't it. Bowl wide outside the off stum and let him help himself. Are India trying to get them tonight?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A 3rd man wouldnt have been a bad idea. Would have stopped the thick edges and glides off balls that were not bad going for 4.
Yeah, I'd almost always have a third-man with the new ball... and in fact at most times to most batsmen.

Anyway, wonder if Sehwag is actually trying to chase this? :laugh: Not terribly wise on first glance (even in the exceptionally unlikely event it works) but I suppose they've a better chance of winning than drawing and if they're going to their chance is better sooner than later.

Wonder whether MSP will work, he's always highly dangerous on a pitch like this if you try to go after him. Flintoff has to bowl as well though.

Martin1

Cricket Spectator
Sehwag is terrific to watch but it is very high risk. Howveer they have scored more runs in 5 overs that ebglabd scired in the whole aftrenoon session. Great to watch!