• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Evermind

International Debutant
I'd give India half a distant chance in hell.

England may choke here and there, but India have honed that skill over decades.

BTW, why do people even give a **** anymore if it's Flintoff or Prior or whoever batting? Ain't no way in hell India are making anything more than 300 in any case. Every minute England spend batting now is a minute off the chance to bowl India out. Declare already!

Evermind

International Debutant
2 out of 7??????

You do realise that India will potentially be chasing a WORLD RECORD?

India's chances are less than 1% and declining with every run
Hahaha well the other guy gave them 5.5 out of 7!

1% I'd say is being very generous.

Evermind

International Debutant
the lack of intent shown by England is very depressing yet all too familiar
I really don't know what they're trying to do. They have more than enough runs and wickets in hand to just go for the boundaries and sixes. What could they possibly be thinking?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cannot see the point in not attempting a few strokes (not throwing the bat wildly, just trying some sensible hitting) or just declaring now.

Even though this has not deteriorated as expected, the chances of chasing 370 are sufficiently miniscule to be not worried about. If India chased this, you shake their hands and say well played, aiming for more than that just makes little sense.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha well the other guy gave them 5.5 out of 7!

1% I'd say is being very generous.
This is India. They're not a mediocre batting side by any means! You have Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag and a batting lineup till nine or ten, so there's no reason why they shouldn't last long enough to win. This is a flat pitch and the bowling isn't really that great on pitches so flat.

It's more an issue of whther they believe they can do it.

biased indian

International Coach
2 out of 7??????

You do realise that India will potentially be chasing a WORLD RECORD?

India's chances are less than 1% and declining with every run
so that measn no one is taking any more bets on india !!!!!!

ya i said atmost means if you take all the positives...still i dont see us winning...but you never know...you dont rite off a team untill they bat for say 40 overs ..other wise what is a world record for .....

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
India are not going to win this. It would be to their advantage to not take wickets and keep SJ Harmison at the crease until England declare.

Evermind

International Debutant
This is India. They're not a mediocre batting side by any means! You have Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag and a batting lineup till nine or ten, so there's no reason why they shouldn't last long enough to win. This is a flat pitch and the bowling isn't really that great on pitches so flat.

It's more an issue of whther they believe they can do it.
The same lineup that got bundled out for 241 in the first innings - you expect these guys to make a world record 400 on a worse pitch? Gimme a break.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Seems like KP is playing for a draw to be honest...Jimmy Anderson was on his way out before they came off for tea. Just declare already ffs

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wouldn't be the first time Zaheer had been absent from proceedings at the important times then turned-up better late than never.

TBF, if the ball isn't in the right condition to swing, not much you can do. Not sure if that was the case of course as I only started watching half-an-hour before Tea, but merely suggesting possibility.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
the lack of intent shown by England is very depressing yet all too familiar
Ha, quite. Nasser's team managed two "winning draws" in 2001, but India still took the rubber. Since the 2005 Ashes we've regressed to that kinda of attritional cricket.

India to escape with a draw with 4 down & will take the 2nd test and the series. It's a banker.

& still we bat on. FFS.

Evermind

International Debutant
Absolutely inexplicable stuff from England.

At stumps tomorrow expect Harby and Zaheer scrapping out a draw. KP will be kicking himself.