• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Wood is a handy tailender but he's not the type of handy tailender that might stick around for a bit. I'd have been tempted to send Leach out instead to try and stay with Stokes for a period.

Cue Wood 43 off 26

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This set of hitting by Rehan, Hartley and now Wood could be vital later on. Not going to be a high scoring game so tail wagging is huge for us.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously it'll depend on how they bowl but this is quickly approaching "actually competitive" territory here
Depends on the spinners. There's alot of help in the deck if you can just do the kuhnemann method of decent L&L control with some natural variation. Hartley and rehan don't strike me as that type of spinner, and the Indian bats are more than capable of putting away bad balls.

Molehill

International Captain
Depends on the spinners. There's alot of help in the deck if you can just do the kuhnemann method of decent L&L control with some natural variation. Hartley and rehan don't strike me as that type of spinner, and the Indian bats are more than capable of putting away bad balls.
I think one issue England have is that all 3 spinners turn the ball the same way. I do wonder if Bashir would've played had he been available because he offers something different.