• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

danzydab

U19 Debutant
well atleast foakes will definitely play

unless england do something crazy like turn dan lawrence into an allrounder batting at no.7 based on his 4 wicket haul in his last bbl match. and i wont be surprised if they do that and give bairstow the keeping gloves

kevinw

International 12th Man
I kind of feel sorry for Dan Lawrence. 11 Tests so far, only 3 at home (though he managed three ducks in five innings!), but he showed real application and graft in many of those away Tests. England took a pasting in Ahmedabad in 2011 and he just missed out on a ton in Bridgetown in 2022. Something of a feast or famine record but he can consider himself fairly unlucky I think.

Molehill

International Captain
I kind of feel sorry for Dan Lawrence. 11 Tests so far, only 3 at home (though he managed three ducks in five innings!), but he showed real application and graft in many of those away Tests. England took a pasting in Ahmedabad in 2011 and he just missed out on a ton in Bridgetown in 2022. Something of a feast or famine record but he can consider himself fairly unlucky I think.
I wouldn't be surprised if he plays the 2nd Test. Do we think those above him all remain fit by then? Pope, Bairstow and Stokes all seem to have the ability to pick up daft injuries.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Kohli doesn't want Anderson all over him so taking sometime off

"They find me out even over here" he said
Anderson had one of the worst Ashes series ever by an England ATG bowler in his last test series performance, he needs to deliver in this series or give someone else a chance imo.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
It does feel we're going in to this test with team selection far from decided.

Will Stokes bowl - probably not.
So do we play the extra batter or bowler. Teams tend to go for the former and I think we will but that does leave the bowling looking short of options.

I think we'll go with
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Foakes
Ahmed
Wood
Anderson
Leech

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain

So do we play the extra batter or bowler. Teams tend to go for the former and I think we will but that does leave the bowling looking short of options.

I think we'll go with
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Foakes
Ahmed
Wood
Anderson
Leech
That's probably the route they'll go down. That said, I think the seamers will rotate through the series.

ataraxia

International Coach
Can see #bazball having #faith in Root's bowling. Which is quite convenient for England because that's really the best option.

It looks like the only real question is Robinson v Wood (and of course the second spinner but c'mon Rehan's surely going to be picked).

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator

I think we'll go with
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Foakes
Ahmed
Wood
Anderson
Leech
Yeah, would expect we run with that top 7. Bowling wise Robinson could slot in for Wood or Ahmed I guess.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

I think we'll go with
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Foakes
Ahmed
Wood
Anderson
Leech
Is it?

Surely the only decision is which one of Wood/Robinson plays.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can see #bazball having #faith in Root's bowling. Which is quite convenient for England because that's really the best option.

It looks like the only real question is Robinson v Wood (and of course the second spinner but c'mon Rehan's surely going to be picked).
Rehan to play as he can bat at 8. It is a no brainer, long tail if Wood or Robinson are at 8.