• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Owzat

U19 Captain
Maintain Parky gave a good account of himself. Now seeing his wickets.

His celebrations ala Imran Tahir are something

what you see and what the selectors do is a different thing entirely, they as you must know from experience are pretty poor when it comes to spinners, far too many brought in and discarded, rather sticking with eg Ali or Leach, conservative selections and unless a spinner can bat his prospects are slim to almost none

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
When was it even suggested he was a doubt? Lawrence could go straight in (his spin might be handy).
He'd have too as I don't think there's another batsman in the squad. Apparently Bashir's visa has been delayed because of his Pakistani family background. If so, that's outrageous, irrespective of whether he was remotely likely to play in the first test. And apparently Kohli has withdrawn from the first two tests for personal reasons.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
When was it even suggested he was a doubt? Lawrence could go straight in (his spin might be handy).
Because he had knee surgery just over a month ago. For him to be playing elite level sport this soon is wild.

Also Kohli misses first two tests. All the Indian fans on the comments under the Brook tweets, feeling very stupid now.

As should be the normal response, hope all is well. Hopefully we see him and Brook battling come the third test.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the hell is going on in this series? Major boost for England there considering that he's found form recently.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
What the hell is going on in this series? Major boost for England there considering that he's found form recently.
It is a boost, but to be realistic, a far bigger boost for England would be for Ashwin and Jadeja to be unavailable. Those two bowling competently means a comfortable series win for India barring Root having a series equivalent to Cook in 2012 and receiving adequate support from the best of the lineup.

Molehill

International Captain
Because he had knee surgery just over a month ago. For him to be playing elite level sport this soon is wild.

Also Kohli misses first two tests. All the Indian fans on the comments under the Brook tweets, feeling very stupid now.

As should be the normal response, hope all is well. Hopefully we see him and Brook battling come the third test.

I think we're all fully aware of Stokes' operation, but it was still never suggested that he was not likely to be fit for the First Test, only that he wouldn't bowl.

Jeez, Kohl out now too. What's going on?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think we're all fully aware of Stokes' operation, but it was still never suggested that he was not likely to be fit for the First Test, only that he wouldn't bowl.

Jeez, Kohl out now too. What's going on?
It's only an offhand comment from a journalist, but if he isn't going to play they probably would keep it quiet for as long as possible.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
It's only an offhand comment from a journalist, but if he isn't going to play they probably would keep it quiet for as long as possible.
Yes indeed more my point. Thanks for communicating better than I was.

Dobell isn't one for posting nonsense. Just feels a bit no smoke without fire like.

Molehill

International Captain
Yes indeed more my point. Thanks for communicating better than I was.

Dobell isn't one for posting nonsense. Just feels a bit no smoke without fire like.
Yeah, Dobell is normally one of the most informed, is rarely wrong and not one for posting rumours. It just seems odd to me that 3 days out from the First Test, something we hadn't been considering is now a concern. You can do nothing about family bereavements (or whatever has sadly caused Brook to head home), but surely they'd have known that Stokes was a doubt before now and already had Lawrence there.

Socerer 01

International Captain

jokes on you, the Rohit stans will have a field day with this now

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Yeah, Dobell is normally one of the most informed, is rarely wrong and not one for posting rumours. It just seems odd to me that 3 days out from the First Test, something we hadn't been considering is now a concern. You can do nothing about family bereavements (or whatever has sadly caused Brook to head home), but surely they'd have known that Stokes was a doubt before now and already had Lawrence there.
Well even if there was any truth in it. McCullum has slammed that down. Link doesn't work on the picture but the headline enough.