• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Border played for queensland in the shield, we will gladly accept him as an honorary Queenslander. I would rather live in the metropolis of Brisbane CBD then the corrupt, eshay infested, cramped, traffic ridden streets of sydney. When I was in Sydney recently it felt like I was walking around beenleigh train station, had to maintain a constant aura of skuxness and keep my wits about me, or face the wrath of teenagers draped in adidas, stabbing me to claim their ownership of my air jordan's.
I know for a fact that the real youth crime wave is in fact occurring in Brisbane. The Courier Mail tells me so.

Gob

International Coach
No idea when the term bazball was introduced but this brand of cricket started right from the start of Stokes/BMacs tenure.
nah they were playing normal cricket to start. Check their run rates in the summer of 2022

vs NZ 4.5
vs Ind 4.79
vs SA 4.09

Since then up to India series they were going at 5 RPO. The aggression level went higher as they started believing in their own hype. It worked for blokes like Crawley, Ducket etc but not for Roe Joot imo

Molehill

International Captain
nah they were playing normal cricket to start. Check their run rates in the summer of 2022

vs NZ 4.5
vs Ind 4.79
vs SA 4.09

Since then up to India series they were going at 5 RPO. The aggression level went higher as they started believing in their own hype. It worked for blokes like Crawley, Ducket etc but not for Roe Joot imo
Bazball was coined by some Crapinfo journalist (Andrew Miller) and it stuck.

Before this era we had Sibley opening at a SR of 34. 4.5 an over may not seem that high, but it was a significant step up. Also, 4.5 an over equates to 405 runs in a day of Test Cricket, that is not 'normal' cricket.

But I think the key innings was probably Bairstow's in the 4th innings of the 2nd NZ Test. 92-4 after 25 overs became 272-5 when Bairstow was out 20 overs later. At that point, there became a real belief that this was the way forward.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

vs NZ 4.5
vs Ind 4.79
vs SA 4.09

Mate there is more to this than just run rates and ramp sweeps.

Nicky

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi!

Do you know if Brook will be available for the 3rd Test ?
If he is, do you think he'll find his way in the XI ?
I'm thinking Bairstow would be the one to make way for him... If he does, that would look like the beginning of the end of his career for England unfortunately... His recent form in ODIs and Tests isn't great.
I hope Foakes keeps his place. He's such a great wicketkeeper and a good batter.

Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Brook
Stokes
Foakes
Hartley
Rehan Ahmed
Robinson/Atkinson
Anderson

Might be interesting to move Rehan Ahmed up the order (like at #5 for example?), and get the best of him as an allrounder ?