• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Molehill

International Captain
A raging chasm to be perfectly honest. Leach bowled pretty well on the last visit there, but a) won't have bowled in about 7 months in a competitive game and b) even then, last time out, he averaged a lick under 29 on very favourable pitches for spin. I didn't even think the Indian batting lineup played to well, even factoring in the prodigious turn either.
I think that is the one area where we can be vaguely competitive, this is not a vintage Indian batting line up. Jaiswal is young, Gill keeps flattering to deceive, Iyer probably gets dropped. A lot depends on the established bats, although I suspect/expect Kohli will have a good series. But If Bazball does come off on a flattish surface then it could cause pressure.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Leach was terrible last time, worst spinner in show.

Has the telly been sorted in England yet?
As you know, I am hardly Leach's biggest fan, but that is rather harsh. He certainly took more punishment than was ideal at times but I don't think he was terrible, just rather limited. As I said above, I didn't think India's batters were great and that helped him take wickets but he was nowhere near as bad as Bess, not that this was difficult.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Yeah Leach bowled a million times better than Bess. The latter picked up some jammy wickets bowling filth which made their figures closer than they deserved to be.

Leach generally bowled well. Rohit and Pant got after him a couple of times but that's hardly an embarrassment, especially when there was no pressure at the other end. The rest of the Indian bats all had struggles against him.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Leach was terrible last time, worst spinner in show.

Has the telly been sorted in England yet?
It's always last minute. Star Sports India ask for silly money at first, then it gradually drops till someone in the UK says ok we'll have it at that price.

Spark

Global Moderator
It sounds like he's been basically soft-retired by the selectors, which if so is great news for Australia later in the year.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's always last minute. Star Sports India ask for silly money at first, then it gradually drops till someone in the UK says ok we'll have it at that price.
Again, Star Sports are not the one with the rights here.

Though tbf, its a very Indian thing to wait till the last minute to ensure they make the most money, so I wont be surprised if that was the case here.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thanks but I'd rather **** in my own hands and clap than go there. Each to their own, I suppose. Dharamshala certainly worth a visit if I was heading that way though.

Spark

Global Moderator
Why ? He's a shadow of the player from the 2018-19 BGT and even the 20-21 BGT. Genuinely think Jaiswal is an upgrade on him at this stage.
I'm not saying they're wrong to do so, just that Pujara was the single biggest roadblock in either of those series; there's an argument that India don't win either series without him alone.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not saying they're wrong to do so, just that Pujara was the single biggest roadblock in either of those series; there's an argument that India don't win either series without him alone.
I’m sure they don’t win the second one without him. Guy was brilliant both times

Spark

Global Moderator
I’m sure they don’t win the second one without him. Guy was brilliant both times
It's all but forgotten now but they could have been shot out for about 120 on the very first day of the series but for his hundred getting them to a competitive score. The new Perth stadium seems so obviously slanted towards Aus that it's fair to say that even that very weak Aus side still starts favourites there if Adelaide goes Aus's way and from there, the rain at Sydney decides

Socerer 01

International Captain
and now we have that plonker Gill playing in his place smh

Xix2565

International Regular
If you ignore the Indian fast bowlers, then sure.