• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For sure. I'm not entirely convinced by his bowling yet. But his temperament is immensely encouraging.
Yeah he's very similar to Ashwin with the bat in terms of temperament. His bowling is decent for his role in the side, but I don't think it's good enough to be an effective second spinner overseas should we need one.

hazsa19

International Regular
Cook's had a decent series until today. Or possibly yesterday, since I wasn't watching. Remarkable how much he's overbowled the spinners today, regardless of the pitch.
Has he? The one that stands out is that evening (I can't remember which Test, or even the situation) where Jimmy was swinging it, new batsmen/ tailenders in, and there was like one slip.

Cook has always struck me as an unnatural Captain. It's something he has to work hard at, which surely detracts from his batting.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome awesome day, first Vijay and now Kohli really displaying high quality batsmenship on a turning wicket under pressure. Useful contributions from the rest as well. Another 50+ runs tommorow and then its Ashwin + Jadeja nonstop

vcs

Another 50 or so would put us in a fantastic position. What the heck, I'm going to be greedy and hope we can bat out a full session.

Daemon

He has arse licked galore this tour to make up for Donkeygate.
You can tell he's always holding back when he criticises anything about India, be it his obsession with their review strategy or Kohli's form in England. Always adds a disclaimer or two somehow, or gives a bit of faint praise before laying into them.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Has he? The one that stands out is that evening (I can't remember which Test, or even the situation) where Jimmy was swinging it, new batsmen/ tailenders in, and there was like one slip.

Cook has always struck me as an unnatural Captain. It's something he has to work hard at, which surely detracts from his batting.
I didn't say great, but on as tough a tour as it gets, with an abundance of spinners who aren't really good enough, I think he'd handled things as well as could be expected of him. Expectations of his captaincy are pretty low as it is.

Until today of course.

flibbertyjibber

You can tell he's always holding back when he criticises anything about India, be it his obsession with their review strategy or Kohli's form in England. Always adds a disclaimer or two somehow, or gives a bit of faint praise before laying into them.
Yeah, any other side he would say it as it is but he has been really careful in this series not to offend anyone. It is quite funny actually.

OverratedSanity

Amazing day in the end. Thought we were screwed after that mini-collapse, but Kaptain and Jayant have put us in a great position. I'd have taken a 50 run lead when the innings began.

Slifer

International Captain
Ha. I remember a few years ago when we were asked about the young and upcoming batsmen ( the Roots, Williamson, Smith etc)and I placed my stock on Kohli. Good to see I'm getting a helluva return on my investment.