• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Shri

Mr. Glass
Need a lead of at least a 70-80 to be competitive on this pitch guys. Can't throw away our wickets today. Bhuvi get your batting game ready boy!
No reason to panic. I expected us to bat so much worse and we have done well here so far and we are good for another 100 runs, best case. The threat of a collapse is what is forcing me to be conservative with my 350+ call. We should win this but this will be a tight game.

And ****, they are hitting them now. Electrifying counter punch.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The left hander's side of the pitch looking roughed up. Jennings, Cook, Stokes, Ali should struggle. As long as Bairstow, Root, Buttler don't hit us out of the game, we should win this.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I almost wish Jayant had come out before Jadeja to reduce the deficit. And then it would have been fun to see Jaddu go at it with say 20-30 trailing behind. Right now he's gonna play conflicted I feel.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nasser moaning that we played with 10 men in last game and are here well we would anyway if we picked the 3rd spinner or played Duckett or Ballance as they'd have done naff all and Root wouldn't have bowled and got those wickets.

vcs

Need a lead of at least a 70-80 to be competitive on this pitch guys. Can't throw away our wickets today. Bhuvi get your batting game ready boy!
Right now. I'd be pleased just to get to parity. Anything above is a bonus,

Shri

Mr. Glass
The leg side has completely been left open inside the ring for Jaddu, allowing him easy singles. Poor tactic imo.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Right now. I'd be pleased just to get to parity. Anything above is a bonus,
Nah parity from the position we were in when Vijay got out is a big let down from India. We need a 70-80 run lead to off-set the fact that we are batting last. Our batting isn't as strong with Nair and Parthiv in our side. I don't want to see us chasing more than 120-130 last on this pitch.

vcs

Nah parity from the position we were in when Vijay got out is a big let down from India. We need a 70-80 run lead to off-set the fact that we are batting last. Our batting isn't as strong with Nair and Parthiv in our side. I don't want to see us chasing more than 120-130 last on this pitch.
That's true, but I don't see us getting anywhere near a 50+ lead, if that. Will require something special from Kohli and the lower-order, let's see.

Zinzan

Root-a!! Can't take the lad out of the game. If he ain't scoring runs he'll chip in with wicket and/or catches.

Daemon

Hadn't seen the scorecard before reading the thread, thought we'd be about 280/6 the way you guys were going on.