• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Vijay was goading him. Anderson actually pump faked originally but Vijay just stood there making no attempt to get back.

Dissent at best... gotta lose 50% of his match fee.

Nah.. Anderson is a ****. No one goaded him and since Vijay never moved, the **** Anderson should first learn how to throw the stumps down. Otherwise, the **** should be the one losing 50% of match fee for throwing the ball unnecessarily at the batsman. And do you even know the meaning of the word "dissent"? 8-)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, Rahul hasn't quite cemented his spot TBF. If he comes in and grabs his first opportunity, there could be a chance there.

The demands of Test match keeping and opening for a newbie will probably be way too high though.
Alec Stewart was in the studio yesterday saying that Bairstow was good enough to bat at 4 but that was too high for a keeper if they have a long spell in the field so had to bat at 5. He thinks it is basically impossible to open and keep and do both jobs to the best of your ability so didn't think that Parthiv should be doing both. He should know as we shafted him by making him do it often enough.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
$64,000 question: Would Vijay have walked without DRS in operation?
Guess he won't have. Just saved time I reckon. :)

Manjrekar usually sprouts crap in the name of commentary, but he maybe on to something during his rant about Vijay not looking good or fully switched on this season. Maybe the fact that DK is close to a comeback upsetting him? :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can see why they appealed, just wouldn't have given it out as Vijay never moved to actually obstruct the ball. All a load of crap over nothing if you ask me.

Absolutely. England had every right to appeal and nothing wrong there. Just said the umpires conversing etc was wasting time. Also, not sure if OS is watching the same game as I am coz as far as I could see, the umpires never really checked if his foot was behind the line. As a matter of fact, it wasn't. It was the comms going on about it and showing it in replays. Not sure what OS was on about there. To me, it just felt like the umpires conversed to ensure both of them had the same understanding that Vijay did not move intentionally and block the throw. Which is what the law is. End of story.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jos Buttler needs to move back to a decent county, drops off Moeen are pretty much the worse sin in cricket, and can only be because his mind is sullied by spending too much time in the bitter hailstormy rainy hell, otherwise known as the Manchester Summer.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He baited Ser Jimmy of House Anderson by deliberately standing out of his crease between Jimmy and the stumps preventing a run out... obstructing the field and possibly speaking out of turn (yet to be established).

I'm safely assuming this is the reason Vijay walked, a man clearly riddled by Karma since the incident and attempted to balance it out by being honest about his dismissal off stokes.

Good to see the **** banned. Good work, mods. :)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jos Buttler needs to move back to a decent county, drops off Moeen are pretty much the worse sin in cricket, and can only be because his mind is sullied by spending too much time in the bitter hailstormy rainy hell, otherwise known as the Manchester Summer.
In fairness he has no idea about it as he never plays for them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For all the stick he has been given on here Parthiv has actually batted well here. Yes his glovework was poor yesterday but not much worse than Louis Saha was previously. Played some nice shots today and looked far more at ease than Vijay who has a better pedigree.

Called it waaay earlier, dude.. :)

You will find that he usually gets the stick for his keeping though. His batting is usually dependable for the 30-60 range, as an average of almost 30 but highest of 69 would indicate.