• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Why? Pitching in line, hitting in line, comfortably hitting the stumps, no bat involved.
Not questioning any of that. But these sort of dismissals are a new post DRS phenomena and whenever there's something new, there's hue and cry and over reactions as we saw in the Smith case.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Yes... and Ashwin played LATE for a ball which would have been one of the biggest turning doosra's in cricket history if it was to come near the bat. Basically, he didn't play a shot. Umpires need to grow a pair when it comes to situations like this

I would say the same for any batsmen.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not questioning any of that. But these sort of dismissals are a new post DRS phenomena and whenever there's something new, there's hue and cry and over reactions as we saw in the Smith case.
Whats the worst that could happen? Everyone will cry for three days on twitter and things will keep moving. :laugh:

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Yes... and Ashwin played LATE for a ball which would have been one of the biggest turning doosra's in cricket history if it was to come near the bat. Basically, he didn't play a shot. Umpires need to grow a pair when it comes to situations like this

I would say the same for any batsmen.
there's no way you can give those out.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a good review that. Jadeja's squeals probably convinced Kohli. Should have asked Saha who didn't look confident.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It wasn't out but tbf it shouldn't have been a run either. Don't feel like Ashwin was offering a shot.
No matter what his intentions were, he brought his bat down close to his pads, which makes it a shot. When your bat is that close, there is a risk of the ball taking the edge and the batsman also is at risk of a stumping because he has come down the pitch. It should count as a shot regardless of intent.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That review was a classic case of what I said about before the series, how will India use it not being used to using it and Atherton is spot on about Cook discussing it with the keeper as would most other captains. Obviously not going to matter in the grand scheme of things in this game but at some stage in the future they may mess up in a tight situation so they do need to use it better and learn quickly how to use it better.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
No matter what his intentions were, he brought his bat down close to his pads, which makes it a shot. When your bat is that close, there is a risk of the ball taking the edge and the batsman also is at risk of a stumping because he has come down the pitch. It should count as a shot regardless of intent.
with this logic you could kick the ball away so long as you kept your bat near your pad. A shot is when someone INTENDS to hit the ball. Ashwin CLEARLY never had any intention of doing so.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Oh I've seen the stump get hit without the bails moving a few times. I don't think I've seen the bail get hit so hard for no result before.
Yeah, Ian Gould made one of the great decisions of all-time and was rewarded with a huge tantrum from Steyn and Smith.

hazsa19

International Regular
Is this serious?

91Jmay

International Coach
This is total bollocks.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
It wasn't a shot. It was a bad decision that Ashwin got away with.

Let's hope the umpires don't let either team try any of that nonsense again.

Maybe they need to let the DRS umpire decide if a shot was played.