• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Anderson's issue is that he hasn't played a game of cricket in 3 months. If he's getting them down at less than 80mph he isn't going to be much help I'd think.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
jimmy has returned from injury against south africa and pakistan this year and looked way off his best both times.

i highly doubt he will have much impact should he play tomorrow. i'd be very tempted to give ball a go if i were picking the team.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Supposedly Woakes is fit to play, he just has a typical bowler's niggle. But if Jimmy's fit he'll play, so that's all it comes down to really.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ah okay he'll be useless then
He won't be useless ffs. I said he would be as good as Woakes, which doesn't make the team any better and actually weakens the batting, not to mention the potential for him to rush back and get injured again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He won't be useless ffs. I said he would be as good as Woakes, which doesn't make the team any better and actually weakens the batting, not to mention the potential for him to rush back and get injured again.
go and kiss a toilet seat Shri

Stapel

International Regular
JImmy, if fit and clicking, is a bonus for England imho. I have no clue how fit he is and whether his pace is up to standard. My guess is that the England managemnt have a fair idea on how he does in the nets. The 'Woakes has a bowler's niggle" suggests Jimmy is in, and Woakes is out.

Compton

International Debutant
Dropping Woakes would be lunacy given that he's been England's best bowler this year. That's before you even consider his batting and his consistently kept hair.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dropping Woakes would be lunacy given that he's been England's best bowler this year. That's before you even consider his batting and his consistently kept hair.
All English fast bowlers have neat hair (Mark Wood aside). Seems to be some sort of contractual obligation, like the Indians seem to have with growing beards at the moment.

Compton

International Debutant
All English fast bowlers have neat hair (Mark Wood aside). Seems to be some sort of contractual obligation, like the Indians seem to have with growing beards at the moment.
I agree they mostly have neat hair, but Woakes definitely is the leader of the attack in this regard. He gets a haircut every 20 minutes.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"I don't like this type of food. I was trying to eat naan bread, daal and rice. But I can't eat anything -- not a banana, nothing."

Ben Stokes on getting cramps in Rajkot because of his habit of avoiding food while batting
Weak.

Meanwhile, Kohli is eating radioactive uranium ore in preparation for the game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Woakes is clearly being rested if he's left out. He's bowled a shedload already this winter and there's 3 more games to go. Reckon he may come back for Broad/Jimmy in the 3rd then them make another call after the break for the 4th.