• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official CW XI pre-WC tournamnet

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rich_2001 XI to play the Marc71178 XI
Eyes Only +
Jagaways
Krkode
Deeps
Imran Khan Jr. (vc)
Rich_2001 (C)
R_Powell_fan
Vishnu Reddy
Top Cat
Chris Broadbent
Rolande

Communicated to me by Marc...

Marc71178 XI to play the Rich_2001 XI
Gibbs N Smith
Ferd
Ash Chaulk
Nikhil Nichani
jamee999
marc71178
Peter Young
Mr Ponting
Tom Halsey
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Have faith - there's a reason I was made captain.

I was looking at those less likely to bowl and thought they could have a hit up the order, leaving the experienced heads to come in at 6 and 7.

The order will more then likely change for every game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jamee999 said:
Can I open please?
We already have 3 regular openers I've got to squeeze into the 2 spots, and will be giving Peter a go as well, to be fair to his chances of the World Cup spot, as I feel this needs to be a big series for him in that respect.

I would also like a go at some point, but won't be able to.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Have faith - there's a reason I was made captain.

I was looking at those less likely to bowl and thought they could have a hit up the order, leaving the experienced heads to come in at 6 and 7.

The order will more then likely change for every game.
OK - I have no problam with this, as long as I'm not batting 9 every game! :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
OK - I have no problam with this, as long as I'm not batting 9 every game! :)
Well I can't put you any lower with Mr Wright only at 10 because of the Ginger.

You might get a go at 8 if Mr P is a pain and causes any more trouble (in which case even Neil will get a promotion!)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy XI for the 1st match against Cloetes XI

StUEy
Craig
Blewy (C)
Ian Markus
Patrick Fisher
Samuel Vimes (wk)
Xavier Rose
Don Ricardo
Nibblet (vc)
Chris Hinton
David Kennett

Same XI no changes as yet...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Very interesting debut for the much-hyped Marc71178 XI and great rebound effort by the Cloete XI. Exciting round again with some great performances, including a very crucial innings for a particular player.

Marc71178 XI vs. Rich_2001 XI at the PDV Dome

RICH_2001 XI 244 39.4 overs
MARC71178 XI 247/7 48.4 overs

Marc71178 XI won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Mr Wright

Cloete XI vs. Blewy XI at the Cricket Web Oval

BLEWY XI 222/9 50.0 overs
CLOETE XI 225/4 41.3 overs

Cloete XI won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Bugssy

Attachments

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Hey i'm not taking any wickets so maybe i can move up the order as a batsman?26,50?but it's your decision so i'll just wait.i need to work harder in the nets on my bowling though..

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Liam just wondering...do previous performances count for anything? Because I have played well in the Devs and CW XI up to this point and done nothing wrong, been one of the better bowlers. But if I don't perform here as much as usual, do I lose my place?

Seems a bit far fetched if that is the case.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
Liam just wondering...do previous performances count for anything? Because I have played well in the Devs and CW XI up to this point and done nothing wrong, been one of the better bowlers. But if I don't perform here as much as usual, do I lose my place?

Seems a bit far fetched if that is the case.
There are certain players who have already picked themselves based on previous performances and thus this tournament will only act as a warmup for them. Then there are others who are genuinely pushing for a place. I won't give any names though.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
lol, dont worry mate, there are plenty of us out there. I got a nice first baller yesterday against Cloete's XI :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Look at our captain great golden duck mate,if only DD had seen it.

For me though even if it was't a long innings i held the team from when Nikhil's big score finished past the golden duck and into the experienced Peter Young's knock of 60 not out,and 2 tight overs.

What better reason to put me in the "A" team or even a captaincy of the "B"'s :)