• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Pakistan and Bangladesh

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm a much better offie than a seamer but the seam is what i'm know for so can't switch.I'm a bowler who bats not a batsman who bowls so it's not that easy for me to convert.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My Test XI:

Rich2001
PY+
Eclipse
Cloete (VC)
Blewy (C)
Marc71178
Jason Toogood
Mr. Ponting
Mr. Wright
Rose
Neil Pickup

depending on the pitch and warm-ups maybe halsey instead of rose but at the moment, thats it.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I can always convert?
we cant always accomodate people wanting to convert from bowlers to being top batsmen to being team leaders .. or from batsmen to bowling and then convert from fast medium to leg spin.. thats why everyone else would have a chance to play a role in the team..

Cloete

International Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
we cant always accomodate people wanting to convert from bowlers to being top batsmen to being team leaders .. or from batsmen to bowling and then convert from fast medium to leg spin.. thats why everyone else would have a chance to play a role in the team..
I bowl leg spin atm part-time, but in real life i bowl both. All I want to do is be able to bowl both, or just off-spin if it's possible. Otherwise don't worry.

Anyway it was sort of a joke ;) but i wouldn't mind it happening. I think Liam's already changed it anyway.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
My Test XI

1. Ian Markus
2. Slats4ever
3. Ian Markus
4. Slats4ever
5. Age Master
6. Ian Markus
7. Slats4ever
8. Dave
9. Ian Markus
10. Slats4ever
11. Ian Markus

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
I'm a leggie just for the record and i bowled 6 overs with a better economy than u in teh WC Final ;)... also I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to overlook teh 2nd highest CWXI World Cup run getter and average holder (410 @ 41) and the third highest CWXI career ODI avge of 45... even if it was a joke :p ;)
I suggest you refresh your memory! I was the only one who kept that match close! :)

Code:
                Ovs  Mdn  Runs  Wkt    Econ   Wd   NB
Neil Pickup    10.0    2    40    3    4.00    0    3 
Cloete          6.0    0    31    0    5.17    1    1

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am very grateful for everyone selecting me in their sides. However, despite a great last start in my last test, my current form is nothing short of terrible!

I would love to be able to press my selection chances in the warmup game if selected.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
3 Tests against New Zealand.

6 innings
134 runs
22.33 Avge
0 fifties
0 hundreds
HS - 38
1 Ct
6 wickets
38.33 Avge
BB - 3/72

You never established yourself at Test level and have never been amazing at FC level.
and how do u establish yourself in 3 tests!!!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
Anyway it was sort of a joke ;) but i wouldn't mind it happening. I think Liam's already changed it anyway.
Not yet. Considering the merits of it first.

Mr Mxyzptlk

bugssy said:
and how do u establish yourself in 3 tests!!!!
Bugssy, you were selected for the WC and Marc wasn't until he was called up in the second round due to an extreme situation. Did Marc whine on and on about it? (Rhetorical)

When Marc eventually broke into the team again, he established a spot there. Maybe you can take a page out of his book. Note also that neither Mr Mxyzptlk nor Lord of Darkness is going on tour and we remain silent.

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
referring to urself in third person

jason toogood has played well this season and jason toogood believes that he is "the worlds greatest"

Neil Pickup

Jason Toogood should be warned that the rest of the CWXI aren't fans of people coming in and acting like they own the place without performing Internationally first!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
I'm a leggie just for the record and i bowled 6 overs with a better economy than u in teh WC Final ;)
I had to bowl at the death which hit my figures :p

Cloete said:
... also I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to overlook teh 2nd highest CWXI World Cup run getter and average holder (410 @ 41)
Didn't I out-average you?

ash chaulk

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Jason Toogood should be warned that the rest of the CWXI aren't fans of people coming in and acting like they own the place without performing Internationally first!
Neil Pickup should be warned that i am a Toogood fan... yeah i might not be in the CW 1st 11 or squad but so what.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Let's have a think about this..

Certain starters:
Rich, Cloete, Blewy, Me [therefore all possible to miss the warm-up game].
hmm acting like they own the team