• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in England and UK

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Great win fellas, Clote was sensational and im pleased with my own contibution.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Fabulous innings by Andrew and the effort by Mike and the bowling by the twin-spinners was fantastic.

Last edited:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Wow, stoked with that! All the bowlers put their hands up, and Cloete, Wilson and Mork played most excellent innings. Cloete, brilliant to watch from the pavillion :)

Tad dismayed with another golden duck :(

For the record, I was more economical than David in the first dig! ;) First time for everything.

Excellent start to the test series there, hopefully we can build on it. Lot of hard work to go though, as Tharmi said.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The spinners took 4 wickets between them in the match. :huh:
It is England. Rejoice in the seamers taking 13 instead. :p

Wilson lasting 91 balls played a HUGE hand, IMO. We could easily have been looking at parity with a Cloete 104* if he'd been bowled cheaply. All credit. Naturally to Cloete too, 18th Test century.

Right pleased with my two knocks, less so with my wicketkeeping.

PY

International Coach
Ergh horrible game for me.

Splendid victory though and top marks to Cloete for those efforts. Much work for me in the nets during the interim methinks.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harmison-Watch

Steve Harmison bowled for Durham against Glamorgan for figures of 7-0-43-1. He trapped Robert Croft lbw for 14. Glamorgan went on to score 245-6 from 40 overs, but were beaten by Durham by 3 wickets.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Oh shut up Liam, the spinners were clearly fantastic. :p

Anyway great win lads, Cloete and Wilson in particular.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Great win guys and promising stuff for the rest of the series. Good pressure with the ball in particular.

Cloete

International Captain
Top win. Wilson was excellent and the bowlers all toiled hard for good reward.

Very pleased with my start to the test series as well as my form in the warm-up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unchanged England and CW XI fr Headingley

Both England and Cricket Web XI have retained an unchanged squad for the second Test, due to be played at Headingley tomorrow. After the touring CW XI won the first Test by a comfortable margin, the scene shifts to the north, where England will hope to rebound strongly, despite posing an unchanged side.

England Probable:
1. AN Cook, 2. MP Vaughan (c), 3. OA Shah, 4. KP Pietersen, 5. PD Collingwood, 6. IR Bell, 7. MJ Prior (wk), 8. SCJ Broad, 9. RJ Sidebottom, 10. MJ Hoggard, 11. MS Panesar, 12th Man: RS Bopara

Cricket Web XI Probable:
1. T Mamesh, 2. H Moerk (wk), 3. PE Young, 4. AP Cloete, 5. CR Butler, 6. RJ Dauth, 7. MW Wilson, 8. TC Halsey, 9. DM Kennett, 10. NS Pickup (c), 11. TJ Demeza, 12th Man: S Jasotharan

Last edited: