• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Nishant

International 12th Man
oh yh...i didnt post in this...so...

Nishant Shah
London
9-10/10
easy train access plz!

can we meet up in london???:)

Langeveldt

Soutie
oh yh...i didnt post in this...so...

Nishant Shah
London
9-10/10
easy train access plz!

can we meet up in london???:)
Probably not.. Most of our members come from the Westcountry or the midlands, so that will probably affect where we meet. Trains to London are also horrificly expensive

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Only just noticed this thread...

Mahinda
Manchester (M20)
5-7 (depends on distance and stuff*)

I'm _rubbish_ at cricket, by the way, but not bad at sitting in the sunshine with a beer or three.

* Plus you're all quite clearly a bunch of freaks ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually, that's a good point... there's a whole load of us who're undoubtedly going to be congregating on a certain day (amazingly enough, given the current title of the thread, July 15th) but where is STILL not yet decided and overall, what is going to be done is, to my knowledge, not either. The idea was that we'd play a game as The CricketWeb XI, but to date our fixtures secretary (Pickup) has not reported back on us being offered a game by anyone. And unless I'm much mistaken, fixtures don't often get organised at this time of year, so it might just be that we're going to have to have a much more haphazard affair like last year, where we met-up at Edgbaston, watched a little bit of the game going on that day, then went and had a hitabout on the area just outside the ground.

Now, the Fixs Sec has always assured us that "it'll be all right on the day" while a voice of caution from a certain Mr Dickinson has stated several times that time was running short. So it looks like the major hopes may now have been dashed, and that the CricketWeb XI (Reality) will have to wait once more to make its debut.

Any chance of a hands-up of who's currently likely \ certain \ possible-but-not-too-likely?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'll possibly come anywhere south of, say, Nottingham... don't care if we play cricket or not, although we could get a knockabout going im sure.. Will have transport. Things depend on my girlfriend and whether she is in France or not then..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I say a trip to Edgbaston is in order anyway.
Well there'd at least be the advantage of familiarity...

There's no cricket on the 15th so far as I can see, though, so it'd be a case of... well, finding something to do. :mellow:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warks. are apparently playing Yorkshire at home on the 15th. Not sure what you were looking at.