• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
AussieDominance said:
Neil,

All I begged to differ was that you said you wanted a side that could play cricket a few pages back and I stated what I knew about Nath Patrick's ability and your's In no way did i throw a pot shot at him I was stating my knowledge and somehow got abused for it by Matt. I dont beleive i was offering abusive,cowardly,tripe.
(to paraphrase)

Nath: I'll play
Rodgie: You're ****.

And that's not a pot shot?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Goughy said:
Bulgaria, 12.50 GBP each way to Sofia from Luton and you can stay at mine :) Cheap beers and therefore the whole trip for under 50 quid. :-O
Doubt that cheap beers would convince Neil, but I'm now interested!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Goughy said:
Something like that would make it possible. Who knows some corporate execs with excess budgets that needs spending on a low level International cricket game? :)
Low level's being polite ;)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Played in our school second XI for two years Rodgie. In the second match I bowled in, I took 3/7 off 4. I vice-captained when I wasn`t injured this season, and got a good rep as a fieldsman. Can show you team photos if you want. By know means am I half the bowler I was, but I love my cricket and give it 100% whenever I get the chance to play.

Last edited:
Nnanden said:
Played in our school second XI for two years Rodgie. In the second match I bowled in, I took 3/7 off 4. I vice-captained when I wasn`t injured this season, and got a good rep as a fieldsman. Can show you team photos if you want. By know means am I half the bowler I was, but I love my cricket and give it 100% whenever I get the chance to play.
And that's all that matters.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd be interested but:

-I'm crap at Cricket. My stock balls a 40mph wide that does nothing, and my highest score is 9, at which point I went for the l drive only to be gotten out by a wonder-catch.

-I'll probably be busy changing nappies and such like

-My missus would probably moan

Still, if you all fancy doing it at Birkenhead Park, count me in

Beleg

International Regular
If it's somewhere in the North I might be able to make it as well, depending on the university schedule and other real-life thingies.

I haven't played hard-ball cricket a lot and probably suck more than most of you in it.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Kweek said:
any ideas for dates?
Rich till what date are you availeble ?
I'm available from Sunday 24th June till 20th July and again briefly in the Autumn.,. After that in all likelihood I wont be returning to the UK for a long while as my girlfriend is coming out to SA

Oh and regarding that outburst, Neil is one of the hardest working cricket followers of all time, Tarick I think has played rep for Holland, I have been coached by Terry Jenner at Lords and trialled for Somerset rep, and Goughy is a bowling coach and biomechanics whizzard... Even if this Nath Partrick has no arms and no legs, I think we have more than enough talent cells to give a very good account of ourselves..

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm in London regularly for business but try to take a few extra days for the mandatory golf, pub crawl, etc

Keep me posted

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil will note that :)

list of people

Matteh
Rich
Neil
Tarick
Barney
Baconator?
edit