• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW 'A' in Caribbean/North America

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Thought I stated the case quite well. Made it about balance rather than just being an egotistical ****.
Never questions the balance of your case, just questioned the facts. e.g Cunningham being a better first change bowler even though he has opened the bowling for most of his career, whereas West has played most his short career at first change. Pitches in the West Indies being more suited to pace, even though spinners dominated the early matches.

In hindsight a extra seamer or more attacking bowler might have made a difference. Though they still scored 314 with a slightly more attacking bowling attack in the second innings of the 1st Test. Realistically with the inexperienced bowling attack with yourself or Amir the same might have happened. The main problem was the inexperience not the players selected.

If results really where everything for A tours then we probably would have selected the likes of Wright, Collins, Patrick, or even given Demeza or Thomas a run. The main purpose was to see where the up and coming players were at. With that in mind pretty happy with the guys performances, regardless of the result.

Also for some reason there is three FC matches after the OD series against Canada and USA.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If results really where everything for A tours then we probably would have selected the likes of Wright, Collins, Patrick, or even given Demeza or Thomas a run. The main purpose was to see where the up and coming players were at. With that in mind pretty happy with the guys performances, regardless of the result.

Also for some reason there is three FC matches after the OD series against Canada and USA.
But they're all ****! :ph34r: Patto excluded, obviously.

Just spotted the extra Four dayers. Guess I should stick around then. Wouldn't mind rolling over a few cheap Canucks.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Not trying to get into a big argument here, but generally the A team is meant to be there to provide players for the main side and at the moment the seamers positions are a lot more open than the spinners positions (given that in most conditions no spinner but the captain will get a look in) so it would make sense that the A team would be a proving ground for the 'next best seamers.' Otherwise the A team is a club for players who have a good time bowling spin against the likes of West Indies A but haven't much chance of a test cap.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What happens if either you or Neil are injuried and we need a 2nd spinner overseas or at a couple grounds in CW. Weber not that far of selection tbh and generally when he played in past A series he has been 2nd fiddle to yourself. This was probably his first A series that he got a decent run.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only one person replied to my OD selection email way back before Christmas. That's what the season can do to you though. This leg of the tour is Håkon's, so I'm sure he'll sort it out soon.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd suggest be patient over this period, give it a few weeks and everything/everyone should be back into the normal swing of things.

luffy

International Captain
Yeah ****, it's not like it's been Christmas and New Years and people spend time with their families or anything.

****ing hell, get some perspective.
Yeah, i understand that, but if someone 'official' had something about it being delayed it would have been better, instead i get you being a prick and ****wit about a general ****ing comment.

Just get ****ed.