• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of Pakistan- Test Series

capt_Luffy

International Captain
So.... Pakistan became the first country to loose Test series against 9 Test playing countries at home!! Wow, they managed to lose whole series at home to both Zimbabwe and Bangladesh....

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
yeah nz win is the biggest for sure

as far as away series win concerns this is the biggest as we won against west indies and zimbabwe only
Yeah as a one-off result surely New Zealand is better, but this sealed an away series win against a much bigger (in terms of stature) Test playing nation (even if they are Pakistan and have a habit of self-destructing)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So.... Pakistan became the first country to loose Test series against 9 Test playing countries at home!! Wow, they managed to lose whole series at home to both Zimbabwe and Bangladesh....
BD and Zim have not lost to all 9?

smash84

The Tiger King
Congratulations to Bangladesh, didn't follow this series at all. But nothing surprises me anymore.

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
Agree. It's really sad to see decline of Pakistan cricket as a fan from the era of Wasim, Waqar, Inzi.

But 0-2 to Bangladesh at home. LMFAO. HAHAHA, LOLOLOLOL.
As an English fan, I don’t know if I find this sad as such, because it’s Pakistan, even when they’ve had better players they always find a way to lose hilariously lol

Silver Silva

International Debutant
As an English fan, I don’t know if I find this sad as such, because it’s Pakistan, even when they’ve had better players they always find a way to lose hilariously lol
It's really sad, because I don't think it's a one off .
I think we are witnessing the beginning of the end of Pakistan cricket team as a major force in international cricket

Aritro

International Regular
For a nation that won the Under-19 Cricket World Cup not so long ago, they are making the right moves going forward. The fruits of their efforts are in show at the moment.

Congrats Bangladesh.🇧🇩
I've just realised 9 of the 11 who played that final have already been selected in the senior team. Peak Bangladeshi selection. When Australia win an U/19s World Cup you'll probably never hear of 8 of them again

Parvez Hossain Emon
Tanzid Hasan
Mahmudul Hasan Joy
Towhid Hridoy
Shahadat Hossain
Akbar Ali
Shamim Hossain Patiwary
Avishek Das
Rakibul Hasan
Shoriful Islam
Tanzim Sakib

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The cricinfo commentary for this series has been some of the most awkward and stilted in the history of that website. Not quite AI, but close enough, like someone exsanguinated of all human emotion

"That's all from us today. I hope you all enjoyed the game of cricket with us."

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I've just realised 9 of the 11 who played that final have already been selected in the senior team. Peak Bangladeshi selection. When Australia win an U/19s World Cup you'll probably never hear of 8 of them again

Parvez Hossain Emon
Tanzid Hasan
Mahmudul Hasan Joy
Towhid Hridoy
Shahadat Hossain
Akbar Ali
Shamim Hossain Patiwary
Avishek Das
Rakibul Hasan
Shoriful Islam
Tanzim Sakib
Yeah we dont give them time to season for three/four years in domestic or HP/BD A teams. Always a tendency to select them directly in national side based on age group cricket. I mean you can do that in case of a freak talent now and then but the culture needs to be changed. Out of this group, Tanzid, Shahadat Hossain got badly exposed as they were thrown into national side too early.

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
Congrts bangla bros🙂 hope to see you play equally well when you face us on 19th in chennai as Pakistan they need invest in domestic cricket and wait patiently for revival

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's really sad, because I don't think it's a one off .
I think we are witnessing the beginning of the end of Pakistan cricket team as a major force in international cricket
Ridiculous. The claim that we are witnessing the end of pak as a major cricketing force would have been timely in late 90s to early 2000s. Limiting the discussion to tests, Pakistan have hardly been a major force since then. Probably sit at number 6 or 7 in W/L ratio. But they are also not likely to go further below - their 250 million population with cricket as practically the only sport would ensure this. If anything, they could do much better if their admin gets relatively efficient OR if they discover some out-of-syllabus talent from the streets.

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
Ridiculous. The claim that we are witnessing the end of pak as a major cricketing force would have been timely in late 90s to early 2000s. Limiting the discussion to tests, Pakistan have hardly been a major force since then. Probably sit at number 6 or 7 in W/L ratio. But they are also not likely to go further below - their 250 million population with cricket as practically the only sport would ensure this. If anything, they could do much better if their admin gets relatively efficient OR if they discover some out-of-syllabus talent from the streets.
Yeah but Pakistan is also a super poor country which is not really getting richer so they can't really utilize the full 250 million.

India and Bangladesh have become better relative to what they were simply cause they are richer countries now with better systems comaped to earlier.

If some other first world country picks up cricket, they can slide further. Maybe USA where desis are like 1-2% of the population (and rising)? US desis along with some Caribbean diaspora and some mercenaries can become a decent force.

Pak were a top team in field hockey but kept falling further as other countries kept coming up and now they don't even play World Cups/Olympics etc.