• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of Pakistan- Test Series

Howe_zat

Audio File
After a dreadful away series in the West Indies in 2022, he's put up these numbers in the last 10 tests so I may have to think about re-evaluating my "sub-all rounder but better than a normal tailender level batsman" assessment of him from earlier in this thread. Late order not outs obviously a factor.

Either way, I would not be in a rush to bat him anywhere near the top 6 yet. Pretty happy to have him coming in as a cheat code 8 (as per the Deshi tradition of gun number 8s coming in after a dismal top 7)
If you snip it to the last year and a half he's honestly putting up world class numbers, admittedly against fairly mid opposition.

1725177522925.png

But yeah the batting is coming in consistent cameos instead of serious innings, so there's no real reason to put him up the order. Maybe he bats 7 when Shakib is done to play an extra bowler but that's about it.

Aritro

International Regular
This is a proper Khaled Masud/Mohammad Rafique rear-guard after top order collapse that threatens a sub-40 score retro 2000s performance.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
What a fightback from 26/6 .

There's a determination from Bangladesh on this tour , they just refuse to lie down.

A changing of the guard in Asia ?

Edit (I've gone full Mark Nicholas there)

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
What a fightback from 26/6 .

There's a determination from Bangladesh on this tour , they just refuse to lie down.

A changing of the guard in Asia ?

Edit (I've gone full Mark Nicholas there)
considering the trajectories of the two economies, a question of when, not if.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm pretty sure that this (26/6) is the worst ever position from which a 150+ partnership has been scored.

Lowest starting scores for 150+ stands for wickets 7-10:

7th wicket stands: Bairstow & Overton vs NZ 2022, 241 from 55/6 (previously, this is now these two)
8th wicket stands: Broad & Trott vs Pakistan 2010, 332 from 102/7
9th wicket stands: Iqbal & Alam vs England 1967, 190 from 65/8
10th wicket stands: Agar & Hughes vs England 2013, 163 from 117/9

The main contender is probably the last time Liton Das did this, when he and Mushfiqur put on 272 against Sri Lanka starting at 24/5 two years ago.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Partnership now starting to turn into something special.
Shahzad after being almost unplayable is now starting to get pelted all over the park.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is Mehidy Hasan's second fifty and highest score in a game where he took a five-for, the previous best being the 68* he got against Zimbabwe at Mirpur in 2018.

There are 18 innings of 30 or more by a Bangladesh player who took a five wicket haul in the same match, and 13 of them are Shakib Al Hasan.