• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in West Indies

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
That'd be bad for them.Missing both the England and Bangladesh series.The win could help the WI move up the ODI table but not sure since they're playing Bangladesh.England aren't that far ahead though.

roseboy64

Ok but you can't count on the WI winning in England.With their poor form they could just lose all their matches(highly unlikely though).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Revelation said:
LARA OUT 3rd ODI IN ST. LUCIA

Brian Lara will not play in the 3rd and Final ODI vs Bangladesh tomorrow. He will continue resting his finger until the beginning of the Test Series starting late next week.
Predictable.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
W. Hinds 6-2-11-1
That was in the warm-up game.

As Ive said before, the bowling of Wavell Hinds in ODIs is very underused. He could make it as an allrounder if his batting wasnt so poor.....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
roseboy64 said:
Personal opinions aren't highly regarded here but rebutted frequently.
depends how they are put.

All opinions are welcome (we even tolerate Marc) provided they are reasonably polite, cogent and coherent (forget what I said about Marc) :p

tooextracool

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
It was the method of his dismissal which set him apart... He just seemed like a naive kid who wanted to play loads of shots without taking the enormity of the game or match situation into account.....
well gayle has been playing like that for 4 years now and nothing said about him? at least smith has a slightly better technique than gayle and hopefully he will learn with time. smith has about 10 time more talent than most of the current WI test players, its all about his temperament and working on playing straight.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
well gayle has been playing like that for 4 years now and nothing said about him? at least smith has a slightly better technique than gayle and hopefully he will learn with time. smith has about 10 time more talent than most of the current WI test players, its all about his temperament and working on playing straight.
If he stops playing with his bottom hand only, he could turn out to be exceptional.

Perhaps it's a 'Smith' thing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Prince EWS said:
That was in the warm-up game.

As Ive said before, the bowling of Wavell Hinds in ODIs is very underused. He could make it as an allrounder if his batting wasnt so poor.....
Poor enough to score consecutive centuries against Australia right? Inconsistent perhaps...

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Poor enough to score consecutive centuries against Australia right? Inconsistent perhaps...
nope poor enough to average 30.7. not so bad perhaps but i broke that average down even further.

at home-42.12
ind - 42.12
aus-20.67
eng - 22.67
sa - 18
SL - 16
sharjah - 25.57
NZ - 12.50

seems to me like we've just found another one of those home based flat track bullies from the WI. his average outside the WI is pitiable with only a decent average in india where it must be said the pitches were so flat that even rikki clarke would be able to score on them. i still find it hard to understand why hinds even comes into the reckoning for selection despite having a dismal technique and a dismal record. theyve given him enough chances and he hasnt delivered.

Mr Mxyzptlk

tooextracool said:
i still find it hard to understand why hinds even comes into the reckoning for selection despite having a dismal technique and a dismal record. theyve given him enough chances and he hasnt delivered.
Yes, well the WICB is noting your posts no doubt.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, I think we can all agree that Devon Smith is better than Hinds... and thats all that really matters at this stage. Wavell is a good backup player, but nothing more.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Prince EWS said:
Well, I think we can all agree that Devon Smith is better than Hinds... and thats all that really matters at this stage.
Further evidence of this today with a well-paced, mature knock.

Devon's also an underrated fielder. He was flawless again today without being as eyecatching as Dwayne or Powell.

Last edited by a moderator:

roseboy64

Hinds plays because he's a useful swing bowler, that can't be pace.Can wicketkeep a BIT too.Had some good partnerships with Gayle and with a similar style.Hinds opened because the other openers with Gayle, Ganga and Stuart Williams i think,weren't doing well on India's flat pitches and Wavell did so he was stuck with.