• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in West Indies

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If you've seen any of the cricket he's played in the last couple of weeks, you're either stupid, biased or blind. I was the first to criticize Dwayne Smith (heavily even before he played for the WI). However, even I can give credit where it's due. He demolished the English bowling in St. Lucia to win the game for us and then he batted extremely maturely in notching 35 in the 7th ODI. In this game today he came out with the batsmen struggling to get the ball away and was mature and impressive in batting through the innings for an unbeaten half-century at a run-a-ball. In addition to that, his fielding has been absolutely electric and his bowling rather useful. Open your eyes!
Rich has difficulty changing his first impressions. Viz Stephen James Harmison.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If you've seen any of the cricket he's played in the last couple of weeks, you're either stupid, biased or blind. !

Hahahah... I havent. So I am neither stupid, nor biased, nor blind :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

The commentary for the last dismissal...

"And it's caught by Smith... that's Sarwan... actually that's Powell."

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Rich has difficulty changing his first impressions. Viz Stephen James Harmison.
Steve Harmison is an okay quick bowler, who needs to perform for a longer period than he has done to be considered excellent...

It takes a lot to change my first impressions, but its possible :)

Neil Pickup

Proud Indian said:
Bangladesh lost...I really thought they were gonna win this...I hope they get the third one
I think you were in the minority if you thought they'd get 125 in 25 overs on that.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
it's going to be a tough tour for Bangladesh. i think the WI bowlers re: Edwards, Best, Bravo will do quite well in English conditions later this year.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Bangladesh have some good bowlers and fielding but their batting doesn't back it up.They need to get used to pace.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If you've seen any of the cricket he's played in the last couple of weeks, you're either stupid, biased or blind. I was the first to criticize Dwayne Smith (heavily even before he played for the WI). However, even I can give credit where it's due. He demolished the English bowling in St. Lucia to win the game for us and then he batted extremely maturely in notching 35 in the 7th ODI. In this game today he came out with the batsmen struggling to get the ball away and was mature and impressive in batting through the innings for an unbeaten half-century at a run-a-ball. In addition to that, his fielding has been absolutely electric and his bowling rather useful. Open your eyes!
well said....ive been saying it all along that dwayne smith is one of the most talented players in the carribean. IMO he should never have been dropped from the test side after that one test failure.

"So are you slowly warming to him?? because I'm not...
Uninspiring biffing against poor bowlers...."

considering the rest of the WI batsmen failed against these poor bowlers what does that make them?

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Still far from the finished article, but there are signs that he'll develop quicker than Powell (5 or 6 years (?) and only just getting the first tantalising glimpses). Given his obvious natural batting talent and outstanding fielding he definitely needs to be persevered with.

A bit worried yesterday about his propensity to let the bottom hand takeover completely as Michael Holding continually (and ultimately monotonously) pointed out.

I seem to remember him creaming a couple of beatiful cover drives in the ton against South Africa (was one a flat hit for 6 and another to reach his 50 or 100?), but he seemed unable to play with the full face yesterday - inside-edging the few off-drives he tried - and reluctant to give himself room to hit over the off-side, where the gaps had been left.

Very disappointed by Bangladesh's batting. They still seem to flash at absolutely everything that's in their half outside off and Bashar's 1st innings swipe was ludicrous, particularly for the captain and top bat.

Langeveldt

Soutie
tooextracool said:
"So are you slowly warming to him?? because I'm not...
Uninspiring biffing against poor bowlers...."

considering the rest of the WI batsmen failed against these poor bowlers what does that make them?
It was the method of his dismissal which set him apart... He just seemed like a naive kid who wanted to play loads of shots without taking the enormity of the game or match situation into account..

Anyway if he keeps scoring runs, I might to a Harmison and slowly start changing my opinion...

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
that is what smith is like in odis..he goes for his shots..he hit like tow fours off batty in the 6th odi in st lucia...np need to do it again..he tries it in same place and gets caught

he has potential just needs to clam down a bit

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
garage flower said:
Still far from the finished article, but there are signs that he'll develop quicker than Powell (5 or 6 years (?) and only just getting the first tantalising glimpses). Given his obvious natural batting talent and outstanding fielding he definitely needs to be persevered with.

A bit worried yesterday about his propensity to let the bottom hand takeover completely as Michael Holding continually (and ultimately monotonously) pointed out.

I seem to remember him creaming a couple of beatiful cover drives in the ton against South Africa (was one a flat hit for 6 and another to reach his 50 or 100?), but he seemed unable to play with the full face yesterday - inside-edging the few off-drives he tried - and reluctant to give himself room to hit over the off-side, where the gaps had been left.

Very disappointed by Bangladesh's batting. They still seem to flash at absolutely everything that's in their half outside off and Bashar's 1st innings swipe was ludicrous, particularly for the captain and top bat.
Yes he did hit a few sixes in South Africa.One of them was a beautiful cover drive of Ntini on his knees!!Powell wasn't really given a chance to develop.He's just now getting his chance in the top order to play a long innnings as Smith got the chance to do Sunday.Ricardo usually batted in the closing overs and really could only just try to hit every ball away.I agree about Bashar.Hasn't been performing up to scratch and just adds to the Bangladehis' problem of losing early wickets.Baishya,Islam Rana and Mahmud are good bowlers backed up by some good fielding but the batting fails them.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
LARA OUT 3rd ODI IN ST. LUCIA

Brian Lara will not play in the 3rd and Final ODI vs Bangladesh tomorrow. He will continue resting his finger until the beginning of the Test Series starting late next week.