• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in West Indies

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
Even Scallywag might have agreed that was an example of wonderful on-field captaincy - and it so nearly paid off.
Didn't realise Ponting was Bangladeshi?!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, didn't look too bad a prediction, but it seems I underrated a) Tapash Baisya's ability to keep it straight and b) the West Indian self-destruction predilection.

124/7 - Dwayne Smith 62* (62b, 2x4, 2x6); Tapash Baisya 5-1-16-4 - his best ODI and equal best List A figures. Also the best ODI figures for a Bangladeshi, beating Khaled Mahmud's 4-19 against Zimbabwe in March.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tapash bowled quite well. He got Sarwan, Bravo and Jacobs with a variety of slower balls.

The commentators suggest that the pitch is tough to play shots on, so I'd think that should be enough, although quite disappointing.

Dwayne Smith continues to impress...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd suggest that the West Indies would have far too much firepower - but that's assuming that the self-destruct button isn't pressed.

chicane

State Captain
Langeveldt said:
So are you slowly warming to him?? because I'm not...

Uninspiring biffing against poor bowlers....
I like him. Reminds me of Yuvraj both in his batting and fielding.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Langeveldt said:
So are you slowly warming to him?? because I'm not...

Uninspiring biffing against poor bowlers....
If you've seen any of the cricket he's played in the last couple of weeks, you're either stupid, biased or blind. I was the first to criticize Dwayne Smith (heavily even before he played for the WI). However, even I can give credit where it's due. He demolished the English bowling in St. Lucia to win the game for us and then he batted extremely maturely in notching 35 in the 7th ODI. In this game today he came out with the batsmen struggling to get the ball away and was mature and impressive in batting through the innings for an unbeaten half-century at a run-a-ball. In addition to that, his fielding has been absolutely electric and his bowling rather useful. Open your eyes!