• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in West Indies

Rich2001

International Captain
Bangladesh putting in a fighting battle and the West Indies are just trying to throw this game away, shame they didn't play like this vs us :(

WI - 126/8 now

Bradshaw and Best in now, and only Edwards to come.

twctopcat

International Regular
Talk about inept running between the wickets. If the windies lose this it will be massive, Bangladesh will go mad.

Rich2001

International Captain
All going on now, 3 close run outs and now Best trys to heave one out the park and is trapped plum in front

12 still needed to win and just one wicket needed for a highly surprising Bangladesh victory.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Holy crap.

You really do have to hand it to Bangladesh - their fielding has been bloody outstanding. Especially that run where both sets of bails were taken off. Great stuff, all round. I am impressed. And this is the first impression of Bangladesh for me, so maybe it'll last? xD

But seriously, they did a great job. They have some brilliant bowlers. I didn't realise they had that much talent in their pack.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now call me strange, but I enjoyed that game IMMENSELY - far better entertainment than those flipping 320-4 type games we seem to get so many of nowadays.

Loony BoB

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Now call me strange, but I enjoyed that game IMMENSELY - far better entertainment than those flipping 320-4 type games we seem to get so many of nowadays.
I was on the edge of my seat for quite a long time, and I was literally laughing when the two sets of bails flew off - as were the umpires, it seems! A thoroughly enjoyable game. There's something about great fielding that really brings a match into another level of entertainment - and when a team like Bangladesh surprise the world, you should hope you'll be watching it happen rather than hearing about it second-hand. :)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm so glad that the rugby finished before the last 25 overs.

Thoroughly enjoyed that climax. Some of the shots that the WIndies players got out to (Smith, Best, Sarwan..) were horrific - but I never really thought that Bangladesh were going to win it.

When Saleh came on to bowl at Bradshaw, I thought "hmm, wouldn't have done that".. and then came the pie :(

Impressed with Bradshaw, mind, cool head - something they need right now!

A word for the much-maligned Khaled Mahmud and Manjural Islam Rana, too - top stuff :thumbsup:

Revelation

U19 Debutant
the game was good for Bangladesh and not good for WI at all. I think the WI players collected some choice words this afternoon from the manager!! Anyways, Same Teams, Same Venue, Same Time, Tomorrow. Same Victors? I think the odds are going to be slashed on a Ban loss.

Neil Pickup

Neil Pickup said:
I thoroughly expect a Whitewash - it just won't be a case of turn up and go home again - if the WI lose their concentration then Bdesh could easily "win" sessions and even days.
See, I do know what I'm talking about.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Some of the shots that the WIndies players got out to (Smith, Best, Sarwan..) were horrific
Didn't actually see those dismissals, was out playing cricket. Were they worse than Bashar's?

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
well played bangladesh

i had always said that bangladesh had a chance, but when west indies were 119/4 needing 25 more to win, a collapsed ocuured with some electrifying fielding from bangladesh to leave west indies at 133/9. one 6 from bradshaw did the damage, but you have got to give it to bangladesh who fought till the end. i have been impressed by manzarul, rafique and mahmud in particular.

this was one of the best games i have seen as i love watching one-dayers which have scores of less than 200. till now, my favourite series has been the sri lanka-pakistan-new zealand tri-series in dambulla last year. i wish all one-day matches are held in dambulla.

Neil Pickup

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Didn't actually see those dismissals, was out playing cricket. Were they worse than Bashar's?
Missed all of Bangladesh's innings.

Smith came three steps down the pitch and defended inside the line to Manjural and was stumped by a considerable distance. Sarwan had a big hoik at Saleh's second ball the over after he'd taken Kapali apart to seemingly seal the game for the WI and found deep mid wicket. Best... well, Bradshaw told him not to do anything stupid, and he swung totally across a straight one that hit him in front of middle.

Loony BoB

International Captain
If anything, the RUNS they tried to take were horrific. It's like they intended on getting out... "Okay, miss the ball, let it hit my pads, go LBW." "Oh, crap, I hit the ball! Well, that was unexpected... hmm... let's take a run that isn't on instead."

It was like a competition between the two batsmen as to who could get out first.

tooextracool

International Coach
i think the WI have just confirmed my suspicion that when the pitch aint flat, they're appalling players. no disrespect to b'desh though, good effort from them.
the only positive for the WI might be that ian bradshaw seems to have a cool head and ricardo powell came good.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think at the end of the day it proved just how important fielding and setting the right fields are in a one-day game.

The Bangladeshis had 7 inside the circle pretty well at all times, even when Ricardo Powell was batting. The invitation was there for the batsmen to hit over the top, but always on the fielding side's terms. The pressure was unrelenting - 4 saving 1 in the covers, square leg, short midwicket and mid-on with one out deep on leg, the other fielder sometimes at slip, sometimes at short third man dependent upon who was bowling - and the screw turned tighter and tighter (10 runs off 10 overs at one stage).

Even Scallywag might have agreed that was an example of wonderful on-field captaincy - and it so nearly paid off. Now if the Bangladesh batsmen can show similar discipline, there might be a future for them as a competitive test and ODI team.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Not to mention he was constantly encouraging his players throughout the entire game, and building some great rapport within the team.