• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

jonbrooks

International Debutant
He's good, but he's not ATG standard like a lot of Bangladeshi's hype him up to be.

Massive difference in class between Fizz, Amir, Rabada, Hazlewood and Starc.

Starc and Rabada (ATG standard) >> Amir and Hazlewood (borderline ATG's) >>> Fizz and Boult. (Bangladeshi and NZ greats)
Time will tell but I agree. He's good at the moment. Let's see how he goes.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Who's in for Guptill if he can't make the t20's or future ODI's?
George Worker or if they want to try someone new, Glenn Phillips?

Someone who has been following the Super Smash would have a better idea, but I know for one that Chapman has been scoring runs, but that would require a regular middle order batsmen to open. Then again, if we choose to do that, that opens the door for Taylor to come back into the middle order.

Last edited:

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Taskin Ahmed to Broom, no run, big, big appeal first up. So convincing that you'd again think they'd review, but no. Mashrafe hints the ball would have missed the stumps. Credit to the bowler for hustling him for pace. Broom was on his toes as he tried to whip that away. Enough hint that the ball would have gone over.
:laugh:

slippy888

International Captain
Bangladesh need to stop acting clueless the rain is going to reduce this game and they need to bowl out the fizz 10 overs now to get wickets

vandem

International 12th Man
Who's in for Guptill if he can't make the t20's or future ODI's?
Suspect Rutherford or Brownlie would be the preferred short term replacement, both have international experience and have been scoring well recently in domestic T20. George Worker may need a few runs in the next fortnight to be in the frame.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
None of tanbir's balls turn an inch, god knows why and how he's picked despite chandika's stupid obsession with leggie. Heck he's not even leggie, his balls just go straight

Howsie

International Captain
When do we start fining over-appealing? Especially like that one where they went up adamant but refused to review.
Just because they appeal doesn't mean they have to review it. I mean we all know it has to be pretty much dead to overturn it, you're still allowed to appeal if you think it's hitting the stumps, you just have to hope the umpire agrees with you.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
The reason I don't rate Fizz highly is because of his over reliance on slower balls.

I don't really find him enjoyable to watch either, the least interesting to watch of the new generation.

Blocky

Banned
Top innings here from Broom to be honest, Williamson you expect it from, but Broom has taken hardly any risk in getting himself through to 34.

Blocky

Banned
Mustafizur's fitness looks absolutely cack to be honest, all well and good for what Slippy888 is advocating, that he bowls his ten out early in case it rains, but I don't think the kid can bowl the longer spell with any venom.