• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2017

indiaholic

International Captain
Tbf to Bangladesh there was nothing in the pitch.. Kinda sad that they couldn't reduce the run rate though.

Agent TBY

International Captain
A purely Indian-world problem this, but seeing Kohli listed as 28 makes him feel positively old to me.

Probably has something to do with our previous golden boy hitting the absolute peak of his powers between the ages of 23 and 26.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kohli deserves to boost his average. Wonder where it would be with an unbeaten triple tomorrow. Ashwin has a ton here if he wants one as well. This is a true 00s road.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's slow and pretty dead from what I saw in the first session. Draw quite possible considering the amount of grass present that can hold the pitch together, though I wouldn't count on Bangladesh showing enough ticker to bat long.

Bijed

International Regular
We saw Jayant making crucial breakthroughs in the 3 Tests he played, he got Bairstow a couple of times when set as well as Root when set..
Not sure him getting Root out when set really tells us anything tbh :ph34r:

If Kohli can stick around tomorrow morning, I'd love to see him have a crack at Lara's record. I know it's unlikely, but this is the best chance at it I've seen/will see for some time.

Also feel for Karun Nair. I know people have voiced concerns over him as a test batsman, even in light of his 303*, but surely scoring a triple should get you in for the next test, especially if conditions are similar. Although it makes sense I suppose to give Rahane a chance to spend some substantial time in the middle and get his confidence back ahead of the Australia tour, where I sure assume the pitches will be such that he'd be an automatic pick over Nair anyway.

Still, I'd imagine it's a new record for highest score before being dropped, so at least we get a point of statistical interest out of the woke thing.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli is approaching his peak as a Test batsman. At the risk of jinxing it, I sense we could be in for a few peak-Ponting-esque years from him. *drools*

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Not surprised. Great day for India; a poor day for Bangladesh. If Bangladesh played with a bit of sense, they could've easily picked up another 2 wickets, and had India reduced below 280 despite being a slow placid surface. I'd be surprised if India doesn't manage to win this test. India may not need to bat for the second time judging by how Kohli is batting. I'm really disappointed in Bangladesh's coach. It all depends how the Bangladeshi batsman bat, but they need to step up big time. Also, I hate how toss can play a factor, and I feel it should be banned in the main forms for bilateral series/events. Let the away side decide whether they should bat or bowl first. I say this because now the home side dominates, and the away side struggles.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Miraz was too short today.

And why does Kamrul still play test matches? Surely Bangla has someone better than that joke option?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hope his intelligence grows too. You don't bowl short on a pitch like this...same about the loopy bouncers from Taskin. But my expectation from Taskin wasn't much anyways.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Problem with Miraz is that he does not have variations except a quicker one which slides into. You cant survive bowling offies without much revs or variations unless the pitch offers something. Also not sure what happened with his batting. He showed promise with the bat in u19 level and FC cricket where he averages around 40 but completely different story in Int level. Overall I think hes not ready and drafted in a bit early.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Batting is a disappointment, but I still think he is arguably world's 2nd best off-spinner now. He'll be better with experience, e.g. with a few more matches under his belt he won't commit the mistake that he did today. Good-length on this slow pitch is like short. Fuller-than-good length is the real good length here.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Problem with Miraz is that he does not have variations except a quicker one which slides into. You cant survive bowling offies without much revs or variations unless the pitch offers something. Also not sure what happened with his batting. He showed promise with the bat in u19 level and FC cricket where he averages around 40 but completely different story in Int level. Overall I think hes not ready and drafted in a bit early.
Swann didn't have a lot of variations and did fine. He just needs experience and when he gets better with his use of flight, drift, pace etc with more matches, he can do well. Been a while since we have seen a good teen spinner from the SC and I won't give up on him yet.:p

The last decent one was Piyush Chawla I think.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swann's variation was that he could really put some revs on the ball and spin it. That in itself keeps batsmen guessing.