• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great spot , maybe this should be shared with people connected to the NZ team.. Lyon definitely has a clear plan against KW , expertly bowled but it's something you can plan against..
Also worth noting it was just bloody difficult batting conditions, with nobody passing 71 in innings 2-4. 3 dismissals in 20 innings isn't anything to get too wound up about imo. I imagine Kane's been caught in the slips while tentatively pushing at the ball on the back foot more often.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know full well this gets brought up all the time, especially by Trundler who is going through his "I am the only one who sees the truth and I will post it as bluntly as possible because I am brutally honest" phase of posting, and has been thoroughly debunked by people who watched cricket since 2010 and not statsguru. However, you did get your desired reaction as a dessert to your test win today so well done champ.

I'm just logging your posting in the memory bank for next time an Australian loss winds you up.
Absolutely got my reaction, which was a horde of delusional NZ fans flinging half-baked excuses. You guys are great

Burgey

CA website with another poorly researched bit of work, suggesting Lyon is the first male test player to take an innings five fer, a match ten fer and top score for his team in the same match.

Useless ****s. You’d think someone there might vaguely recall this match took place:

Flem274*

123/5
CA website with another poorly researched bit of work, suggesting Lyon is the first male test player to take an innings five fer, a match ten fer and top score for his team in the same match.

Useless ****s. You’d think someone there might vaguely recall this match took place:

wait, but Lyon didn't even top score for Aus in the game lol Cameron Green erasure.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
BTW, I know I've taken the position for the longest time now that yeah Latham sucks but he's the best opener we have so leave him alone, but his dismissals in this test have caused me to finally think it's time to give someone else a crack. The guy's never made runs v good attacks. Yes I know he makes piles of runs every time he goes back to Canterbury, but all that does is make him NZ's version of Graeme Hick. I don't think he needs to be dropped forever necessarily, but it's high time that someone else got a chance.

TheJediBrah

I'll hold the mirror up for you one day. Maybe next time you lose to an Indian club side?
I don't think I do anything similar to how you guys overrate KW in the echo chamber of CW kiwi fans. If anything I'm overly harsh on most of our players. Feel free to call me out if you think I do though

Burgey

I don’t get this banter tbh. Williamson is probably NZ’s best ever test bat, along with Hulkster. For most of his career NZ has gone where he has. There’s a ton riding on his wicket, more so than most other sides with their best players.

Seems pretty understandable to me kiwi posters would be keen followers of his. The bloke has spent time as the number one player in the world, I don’t see him being over rated so much as the primary focus of NZ supporters and I get why that’s the case.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't think I do anything similar to how you guys overrate KW in the echo chamber of CW kiwi fans. If anything I'm overly harsh on most of our players. Feel free to call me out if you think I do though
Exactly, so are we. We expect guys to play hard every game, which is probably objectively unrealistic, but New Zealand sport wasn't built on realistic expectations.

I respect and encourage you being firm on your expectations of Australia like we are of New Zealand, and when it leads to a deserved call out of your guys when they drop a game because Matty Wade or whoever wasn't actually better on the day than Ravindra Singh the floaty net bowler from India, I am going to have a massive lend at you while you're mad.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also worth noting it was just bloody difficult batting conditions, with nobody passing 71 in innings 2-4. 3 dismissals in 20 innings isn't anything to get too wound up about imo. I imagine Kane's been caught in the slips while tentatively pushing at the ball on the back foot more often.
I literally saw 1 ball of the day’s play and a ball from Lyon to Mitchell drifted, dropped, turned and bounced so I wasn’t surprised that he took a bag

TheJediBrah

Exactly, so are we. We expect guys to play hard every game, which is probably objectively unrealistic, but New Zealand sport wasn't built on realistic expectations.

I respect and encourage you being firm on your expectations of Australia like we are of New Zealand, and when it leads to a deserved call out of your guys when they drop a game because Matty Wade or whoever wasn't actually better on the day than Ravindra Singh the floaty net bowler from India, I am going to have a massive lend at you while you're mad.
that you see pointing out KWs clear sub-ATG performaces against quality opposition as just a lend shows that, if anything, your expectations for him at least aren't high enough