• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah I know. Just I had suggested him based on him being one of the best openers last season and I'm proving myself right. :D

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
At a summer job now so no idea how Casson looks. Hopefully I'll see some highlights later. Using cricinfo for updates. Saw the Marshall wicket though. That was soft.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brad MacDonald > Beau Casson.

He's not the worst, but I don't feel Casson is the man to play spinner for the Aussie Test side.

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah apart from his bowling Casson's body language doesn't suggest the kind of self-possession that marks a top cricketer. He seems completely over-awed by the occasion. I know it's his first test but compare , for example, with Piyush Chawla who is much younger than he is.

Dissector

International Debutant
I should add that I don't think Casson shouldn't be given a few more chances. Quite a few great bowlers looked fairly crappy in their early tests; just saying that early indicators aren't looking good.

Dissector

International Debutant
Haha. How many times has Chandepaul hit 18 runs in a test over? Poor Casson; I doubt he will get another bowl in this innings.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha. How many times has Chandepaul hit 18 runs in a test over? Poor Casson; I doubt he will get another bowl in this innings.
I dunno... judging by Johnson coming back on, Ponting puts his naughty bowler on the outer for a bit and then lets them back on to take a couple of wickets.