• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Top effort. Significant for the match and the Ashes. Puts Darsh into the firing line. Watson ok if he is bowling. If he decides he's not fit to bowl again then he's also in line.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Probably the best debut innings I've seen. Clarke's the only one that might be better that I can think of offhand.

edit: du Plessis another candidate.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Probably the best debut innings I've seen. Clarke's the only one that might be better that I can think of offhand.
Tougher pitch, no? IIRC that Bangalore pitch wasn't easy but this is close to three times the next best score.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tougher pitch, no? IIRC that Bangalore pitch wasn't easy but this is close to three times the next best score.
Yeah. Hard to quantify but Clarke's was in a more important series and huge pressure etc which does mean something. But this is an innings which could be the best career hundred of an accomplished test batsman, which is a rare thing in a debut innings.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scorecard probably doesn't reflect how tough conditions were but Sehwag's a great shout for best debut knock too. This one will take some beating, though.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Paying the price for poor bowling the the 2nd new ball here. If the lead gets to 150 then that's a massive blow for a team rolled for 148.