• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Might be slightly too facile (& too early), but has maybe the weight of captaincy being lifted given Punter a second wind? Looks in prime nick here and he must've known he was giving it away in the WC QF.

Spark

Global Moderator
What has gotten into Clarke...
He looked hilariously annoyed last match when he just couldn't hit fours - taking his frustrations out now, I think. Good viewing too, the six over extra cover the shot of the series thus far for mine.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Great to see Mr. Ponting regaining some form back. Would have been even better if he got that century but still very fluent knock.

Clarke as well I guess.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to see Mr. Ponting regaining some form back. Would have been even better if he got that century but still very fluent knock.

Clarke as well I guess.
From a medium term Australian POV, Ponting returning to close to his best is by far the most important thing IMO.

The early signs are good that he seems comfortable playing without the captaincy. If that's the case and his mind set is right, he could have a renaissance, which really is the key to our batting line up.

It's early days for certain, and a mere couple of ODIs, but the signs are good so far. If he carries this onto the test series, Australia's performances will improve enormously. He's that important.

Julian87

State Captain
Don't see the value of Smith if he's not being used as a genuine all rounder. Terrible number 7 option IMO. Wuld be better off playing Hastings or batting Haddin at 7 (if just considering this squad).

Spikey

you watch we'll do that (hastings in for smith) and bam 15 overs we'll want to use smith and hastings will bowl 3 overs

BlazeDragon

Banned
You don't really need another all rounder IMO. If it were me I would give Shaun Marsh another try. T20 performances doesn't mean anything.

I am guessing they keep playing both Dussey and Smith because they plan on drooping the under performed one after this series. Hopefully its Smith.

adub

International Captain
I don't mind Clarke not using Smith all the time, horses for courses and all. As Spikey said the day you drop him is the day you'll need him. Don't think he should be getting anything like his contract, but with the side performing well enough it's good to play him without any pressure and give him the chance to come good. That said I hope they leave him out for the home summer so he can get more fc cricket under his belt.

Top_Cat

Might be slightly too facile (& too early), but has maybe the weight of captaincy being lifted given Punter a second wind? Looks in prime nick here and he must've known he was giving it away in the WC QF.
The way he basically guided a cover drive off Malinga early for 4 was just so good.

TumTum

Banned
Ponting has always been like this, he never lost the ability to play shots. Problem is he always finds way to get out.

howardj

International Coach
His problems in the last two years have been in the Test match theatre, and against express pace. This ODI series against SL, although he's done well to be sure, is therefore no great guide in terms of his medium to long-term future.