• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Half ton up for the prince. Time for him to hit some form just in time to totally ruin South Africa again. With Johnson due about three tests of brilliance, we can repeat 09 again.

adub

International Captain
Herath is the guy who can do it for the home side. We keep him out and we should be fine.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is good, aggressive batting imo. Playing his natural game against the spinners. I mean, since SA, it's not like we've really gotten to see him vs spin, is it? What with him already being out and all.....

Spikey

Khawaja really must have drawn the short straw.
was always the obvious person to drop. Hughes finished the FC season with a bang. Usman was injured, Hughes killed it on the A tour, Usman didn't and both scored tons in the practice match. Plus Hughes' 30 odd in the 2nd innings of the first test was a real handy knock. Usman was unlucky because at 6 he didn't get much of a go, but Hughes would have been much stiffer to be dropped

Valer

First Class Debutant
was always the obvious person to drop. Hughes finished the FC season with a bang. Usman was injured, Hughes killed it on the A tour, Usman didn't and both scored tons in the practice match. Plus Hughes' 30 odd in the 2nd innings of the first test was a real handy knock. Usman was unlucky because at 6 he didn't get much of a go, but Hughes would have been much stiffer to be dropped
I didn't say I disagreed with choice... the A tour is the tipping point for me.
A few things
Usman scored 2 less runs in that dig after getting more in the first re: the First test. More at Sydney too.
Hughes has also had more of a run of it in tests.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Ah, that's bad. Think Marsh does need to work on his strike rotation a little.

EDIT: Wait what? That doesn't seem to have gone anywhere near the glove. Or am I blind?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just saw the replay and though exactly the same thing. He hasn't gotten anywhere near it. Try having a word in his ear Hughes! :sleep:

Burgey

How can't he refer that, honestly? You can't be a test player and not know you've missed that. And it can't have been lbw.

LOL, that's one of the weirdest things I've seen in ages.